Case with CAO

bajaj78

Registered Users (C)
Does any body know what does CAO mean.I contacted my senator and he got a response saying that the case is with CAO and i should hear something pretty soon.

On other hand my SR response says wait for six months as background check pending but i think it is the 2nd name check request pending as 1st one was cleared.

USCIS's Customer Assistance Office

Does any body know what does CAO mean.I contacted my senator and he got a response saying that the case is with CAO and i should hear something pretty soon.

On other hand my SR response says wait for six months as background check pending but i think it is the 2nd name check request pending as 1st one was cleared.

Thats a nice piece of document you found there bajaj78! The three things I learned from it are:
1) They do a CIA check but don't give a shit if CIA doesn't respond within 60 days.
2) Like you said, for Name check too they don't care after 60 days and continue with the processing.
3) For FBI fingerprinting, they do have to get a definite answer and thats where most ppl are stuck. So we shouldn't be using the term "stuck in Name check" but "stuck in Fingerprinting check"!

Of course this is an old document and the process may have changed.

Thats a nice piece of document you found there bajaj78! The three things I learned from it are:
1) They do a CIA check but don't give a shit if CIA doesn't respond within 60 days.
2) Like you said, for Name check too they don't care after 60 days and continue with the processing.
3) For FBI fingerprinting, they do have to get a definite answer and thats where most ppl are stuck. So we shouldn't be using the term "stuck in Name check" but "stuck in Fingerprinting check"!

Of course this is an old document and the process may have changed.

I think the PDF is an old one. In Sep 2002 or Oct 2002 USCIS changed their processing procedure where they really wait for name check to complete. That's why lot of people are stuck in name check after 2002. If any one can find the recent like 2004 onwards process document then it would be really nice.