Case Transferred To Texas Eventhough I Live In California

tigris

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

MY CASE IS EB3 WITH PD :AUG 2002.

I live in california and have not moved my address eversince i filed my I-485 case.

Today i received a message saying my 485 case has been moved to Texas Service Center for Processing.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE FOLLOWING :

1. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT THIS CASE TRANSFER SINCE I AM NOT LIVING IN TEXAS.

2. WHAT DOES THIS CASE TRANSFER MEAN ? SHOULD I EXPECT MY INTERVIEW OR 485 APPROVAL SOON?

3. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I HAVE TO TAKE ANY ACTION TO RECTIFY ANYTHING?

GURUS.. PLEASE ADVISE THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Message from USCIS:
On March 7, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT
RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location for
processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any
instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is
made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is
pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them.
You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This
case has been sent to our TEXAS SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below
to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we
process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status
results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within
the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at
(800) 375-5283.

MY QUESTION STILL REMAINS UNANSWERED...

IS THIS SOMETHING I NEED TO WORRY ABOUT ?

or

does this mean i will get an interview call soon

If i get an interview call will it be in california office or in texas ins office?

Case transferred from VSC to Texas Service Center

Hello

Something similar happened with me. My I-485 (as well as my spouse's) case had been filed in Vermont Sercvice Center, but today I got an email from CRIS (case tracker) that my case is shifted to Texas Service Center. Don't know if this is to reduce the load on VSC or whatever, but I don't know what's the impact on my case. Pl. share your thoughts if any. Thanks.

wtf what new nonsense. At what point of time will the retarded machinery just give up on me and tell me to leave instead of keeping the hope alive.

Hi,
The same think happened to me; I filled my pettion (I485)at NSC in 2002. Three years later my case was transferred toTSC. Soon after the transfer to TSC , I received a RFE letter to which I responded in early 2006.As of today, my case is still pending. When my case was transferred from NSC to TSC I had the same concerns like you. I tried back then (in 2005) to inquire about the transfer to TSC. I was told told after inquiries that it was because they (USCIS) wanted to speed up the processing of my case. If everything is OK in your file, I would expect the USCIS to resume working on your case very soon.If I were you, I would wait a month or two and see.
Good luck.
Serge

485 filed in VSC, Xfer to TSC, got approval

Hi

I got the Christmas gift from the government - the PR card was in my mailbox on 24th Dec 2007!!!
I thought to share my brief experience here -

1. Filed I-140/I-485 in May 2005 in Vermont (VSC). EB3. Labor date 30 Apr 2001. 140 got approved in a month.
2. In 2007 Feb, filed a query with VSC about pending case through the Lawyer, (the priortiy date was current at that time). But in March 2007, case got x-ferred to Texas Service Center (TSC). Query response was that the case in progress, and they will get back.
3. If I checked case status online, it said to contact after 180 days.
4. Called National Service Center in Sept 2007 after 180 days. Priority date was not current, but the lady said the case is in progress.
5. In Dec 2007, priority date became current, so called national service center. The lady was kind enough to take my details, and open a "service request". This is something like a ticket/support case that I can think of. I had called them on Dec 14th, Friday at 4 p.m.
7. To my surprise, Dec 17, Monday 8 p.m., I got the CRIS email that everyone waits for - stating that my card was sent to production.
8. Card Arrived in my mailbox on 12/24.

Did not get my wife's as yet, so I asked her to put a service request as well. She did, and recently she got an RFE (papers not reached as yet).
Keeping fingures crossed with her RFE.

So looks like that if you are beyond the case time limit, and you call the service center, you can ask them to open up a service request, which they say to get back within 30 days. At least I saw it working here.

Bye

Got Wife's approval as well

Hi

My wife got an RFE on medical - her records were not complete as when first medical was done, she was expecting. Then papers were sent subsequently. But when RFE came, the attorney advised to go to the doctor who did the medical, and get the forms filled up again, based on the prior medical (so she did not have to get fresh medical). Submitted that and last week, 2/28/08, she got the card itself.

Finally, our wait is over. Wish everyone who's still waiting good luck!
Take care