Case transferred to San Jose Office

Hi Guys,

My case is transffered from TSC to San Jose Local office on Dec11, My rd was July 2001 FP Jan 2003. I was with the same employer for all these years and I have not changed my address. I don't understand what triggered my case to be transferred to San Jose.

Thanks,

I received the interview & FP letters today.

wac-02-061
RD: 12/07/01
ND: 12/11/03
Case transferred to SJ: 12/9/03
Interview letter received: 1/16/04
Interview date: 2/10/04

Originally posted by BCIS_sux
I received the interview & FP letters today.
Case transferred to SJ: 12/9/03
Interview letter received: 1/16/04
Interview date: 2/10/04
Hi, BCIS_sux,
It's great that your interview date is only two months after transferred.
It looks like a kind of expedite...
Transfer to San Jose office might be better than waiting RFE from CSC.

Hi Kashmir,

Yes, it kind of a pleasant surprise to see the interview date so soon. I wasnt expecting an interview until some time this summer. It is good that BCIS did something out of the norm and handled this in a timely manner.
One thing I must point out is that I went to San Jose BCIS on Jan 2nd to check on my case. The person helping me pulled out my file out of the stack to look at it so that might have something to do with it.

Hopefully the interview will be smooth as others have experienced. Good luck to all!

I just got back from the I-485 interview at San Jose. The process took almost an hour. I was asked the usual questions, quite similar to the experience described by some other people. The immigration officer asked for EVL, birth cert, marriage cert, pictures, lease agreement, etc. Surprisingly he didnt ask for W-2s and pay stubs.
I still have to wait for my approval notification. The officer will check on the immigrant visa availability and then issue approval letter. The officer indicated it might take upto to weeks so I am hoping two weeks means two weeks.

Originally posted by BCIS_sux
The officer will check on the immigrant visa availability and then issue approval letter.

What he is going to check??!!!! Visa availability?! Why?

The actual wording on the letter he handed me was "Visa # verification". The reason he gave me was that there are limited number of visas per country and they have to verify that the visa is available.

I'm also 101% sure that all countries are "CURRENT". Perhaps immigration officer wanted to say something else or he usually works with a family based immigration where visa numbers may be not current.

case transferred from CA to Vermont

Folks, I had applied for my 485 through my company which is based in California. It was joint application for me and my wife and was filed through CSC. This was in June 2002.

About 6 months later, my wife also applied separately through her company which is based in the east (she is a consultant and is "temporarily" based in California). She added me as a co-applicant in her filing.

About 8 months ago, I got a notice saying that my case had been transferred to VSC, but received no explanation on the cause. According to my lawyers, this is a good thing as they think that our two separate applications have been merged and that I still maintain my California filing date while getting the advantage of VSC's faster processing times.

Are my lawyers painting an overly optimistic senario, or should I be worried?

Thanks.