Case transferred to San Antonio

2002waiting

Got notification from USCIS that my case was transferred to San Antonio office. Anyone know what is going on?

RD: Oct 2002
FD: Sept 2004
AD: ?

Don't worry some time they just transfer case with not real reason.... u can say 'Quota'

Plz share us,

Are you from SR country?

Any Criminal record/arested? or any involement with anything and ur name in Police database?

Change Add or job?

anything on form 485 u feel not correct?

Ur EB catagery???

Btw did u read the Standard procedure for 485 process? if not plz find out using search. and read all .

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
A transfer does not mean you will have an interview, but it most probably means that you will. It will specify on the transfer notice that you get from the local office whether you are going to have an interview or if it just transferred for processing, to reduce the backlog at the service center. Read the online status or transfer notice when you get it in the mail carefully. Its still possible that if your case was transferred for "speed processing" that you might have an interview, it depends on the adjudicating officer.

How will it affect your case? Well for starters, there will be a bit of a delay because your case now has to be physically transferred to the local office from the service center (about 1-2 months). Next they will need to find a time to schedule an appointment for your interview (another 1-18 months, depending on the local office). This delay differs from local office to local office, and there is no online processing time available for EB cases. The processing time posted is only for family based cases. The best way to know approx. when your interview might be is to search this forum for other EB cases transfere to the same local office as yours.

You would have to see the officer in person, and present all the paperwork required for your case (passports old & new, new pictures, all EADs, all APs, all I-94s, birth certificates, marriage certificates, updated EVL, company financials, most recent paystubs, tax reurns & W2's for the past 3 years, etc) Hopefully you have a lawyer that can come with you if you don't have a straight forward case so that you don't answer any questions in a misleading or confusing manner.

You'll eventually get approved, one way or another, but in the mean time, and EAD and AP applications or extensions need to be sent to the local office where your case is.

Case transfers can happen for any number of reasons, and quite frankly they can even happen just at the discretion of the adjudicating officer, as a random check. read this:

{excerpt from the "I-485 Standard Operating Procedure", page 7-3.24}

Employment based Criteria
The adjudicating officer must determine whether the employment-based
I-485 meets waiver of interview criteria set forth below.

Employment-based:

• The principal applicant is employed by the same petitioner who submitted
the approved underlying employment-based visa petition.

• The principal applicant has been interviewed in the course of an
investigation or field examination, and the adjudicating examiner
determines that further interview of the applicant is unnecessary.

• The principal applicant has been approved as an alien of extraordinary
ability or alien of exceptional ability and is otherwise eligible for
adjustment of status.

• The principal applicant has been approved as an outstanding professor or
researcher, or a multinational executive/manager and has a continuing
offer of employment from the same petitioner who submitted the
underlying approved petition.

• Adjustment applicants who received national interest waivers based on
performing primary medical care to a medically under-served area must
demonstrate that they intend to continue according to the terms and
conditions of the underlying petition.

Deviation From Interview Waiver Criteria

The above interview waiver criteria may be modified by individual officers in
response to developing local circumstances and regional concerns, which
would dictate the need for further restrictions.

On a case by-case basis, an officer may choose to relocate an I-485 for
interview if he/she deems it necessary. Applications require a relocation if
the officer determines:
• a need for validation of identity
• a need for validation of legal status
• questionable admissibility and/or qualifications
• apparent fraud
• a second filing
• an applicant with fingerprint rejected twice
• an applicant with medical condition class A or B
• the A-file cannot be located at the time of adjudication.

Did your company change address ?

2002waiting,

Did your company change address after you had filed I-140 ? Your company filed I-140 for you, then INS mailed the approval notice of I-140 to your company. If your company changed address, the company can not receive the I-140 approval notice, the approval notice will return INS, then INS foward the approval notice to the attorney who was designated in I-140 application form. Then INS may have some question for you.

Did your company receive your I-140 approval notice from INS directly ?

I stayed with same company since initial filing of LC. I don't think my company ever changed address. I am feeling very unlucky. Since beginning of LC, I've been waiting for more than 4 years. Very frustrated. Especially on the days that I really want to change to a new working environment. There are so many days that I am thinking that I've made too much sacrifice to this stupid card. Thanks for all your help and detailed information you gave me. I guess I'll have to wait

are you NIW-based 485?
any good news now ?

2002waiting said:
Got notification from USCIS that my case was transferred to San Antonio office. Anyone know what is going on?

RD: Oct 2002
FD: Sept 2004
AD: ?

San Antonio office

I want to know all info on San Antonio office.
I did fp last week and want to know on average how much longer I have to wait???!!!