Case transferred to Newark

good_manpvm
I worked at A during my intership. Currently I am working as a consulting at B company. If I start to get pay from A company now, any helpful for my case? I think maybe the INS officer will trouble me, but I can't find the reason my application to be denied. I went through my case with my lawyer last weekend. My lawyer said if the documents needed from INS look complicated from my case, he'll go with me. otherwise, I'll do that for myself.
Why did you say I worked for A before and not intent to back again? Can you elaborate it ? Based on my situation, suppose what kind of decument will be asked during the interview?
Thanks for your valued information.

Actually it doesn't matter if your intention to Join company A is real or not. All that matters is the way how you present yourself during interview and convince the officer that your intention is genuine. As i mentioned earlier i strongly suggest you to go with your lawyer. Your case cannot be rejected by officer but a lawyer can avoid any possible delay that may occur . The earlier you get GC better it is . So spend some money to get over with this lengthy process.

good_manpvm
How's your case going on? I'll talk to my lawyer again for your concern of my case. That's a good question how to convince the officer my intension to A company. Actually, what kind of reasons will be good to persuide the officer I'll work for A company post GC as you understand?

ehuang
I think the time for action has come in your case. You better go to Local office and check out the status of your case. This is my fourth week and i might go there some time towards the end of next week. As they don't have any arrangements to check the status over the phone - standing in queue for 5 hrs is the only option .

Any adverse effect if you walk in to ask your case going on? I want to wait another week. Hope I can get it within 5 business days.

good_manpvm

I am consulting now. My project is done today. the new assignment will be one week later. In order to convince the INS officer I intent to work for my sponsoring company post GC, Will be useful if I keep my self no work to do till to interview and to work for sponsoring company after approve? So I mean if I reject the new assignment and wait for GC approve to work for sponsoring company, any helpful to convince officer?
Thanks. meantime, Pray July-16 and good luck to him.

I just got my interview notice. The date is 11/12/2002. Ask me bring the all passports in my possession, formI-94. report of medical ans all original documents which support the petition.
Do I need to redo my medical report. I did it at last August.
good_manpvm, I think yoours is on the way.

Congratulation ehuang - It is a good news that you got your interview notice. Your date shows that , right now newark office is taking two months to schedule interviews. As per this page in INS web site medical reports are valid only for 12 months. (http://www.ins.usdoj.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/i-693.htm). If this is true then you might have to re-do your medicals. When i checked with my attorney he told me that - if the interview notice packet contains i-693 forms then medical examination needs to be redone. Now it is mine and indiaeb2 turn .......

good luck

Don't tell me

It costed me $750 for medical for me, my wife and daughter. These INS approved doctors are the worst cheaters, I have ever seen. I had all the records and he still chraged around $300 for me and my wife and $150 for my daughter. His assistant, who joined him 3 weeks ago, spent only 5 minutes with us, and doctor didn't spend a minute. I was thinking to complain about him to INS. Anyway, what I have to tell him now. Do I have to pay him, the same amount again. Let me know, how much you are paying.

Thanks,

indiaeb2 & good_manpvm
Have you got your interview notice? Pls post the information once you get it. My date will be 3 weeks later. My lawyer asked me only bring the documents the letter mentioned. My GC is based on the future employment. But from the recent Newark interview experience look like tough cause officer ask bounch of documents.
Any suggestions?

ehuang

Originally posted by ehuang
indiaeb2 & good_manpvm
Have you got your interview notice? Pls post the information once you get it. My date will be 3 weeks later. My lawyer asked me only bring the documents the letter mentioned. My GC is based on the future employment. But from the recent Newark interview experience look like tough cause officer ask bounch of documents.
Any suggestions?

ehuang

Why do you even have a doubt??

Please Do carry all I repeat all documents, pertaining to your GC, it may seem useless now, but if the Officer asks for it, and you dont have it, you will be stuck.

At the same time do not Volunteer any Info or Documentation, to the officer, make sure you have seperators in the files so you can pull out whatever He/She asks for.

Give only what is asked for, but make sure you carry everything.

I got interview letter date 11/12

I got my interview letter yesterday. Date is 11/12/02. It is asking me to bring normal stuff like I-94, passport, I-693(Medical report) and all original supporting the application inlcuding BC, MC etc. Also affidavit of support, if not submitted earlier. Looks like pre-printed form.

Question I have, do I have to get medical done again. It costed me $750 and also I had to talk to horrible INS approved doctor, which I want to avoid if possible.

Thanks,

Our interview date is same. When did you do your last time medical? The INS new rule for medical report only cover 12 month. The doctor cost you too much, Why not change another one? Your lawyer will go with you?

Let's keep in touch

Hi Ehuang,

According to my attorney medical is not necessary. When we filed I-485 we got it done and that was with in 12 month of filing the application. Pending period of application with INS don't count. Anyway, if you know any other doctor with cheaper price, please let me know. Also, let's keep in touch. I would be sending you my email address via PM. Please reply to that.

Thanks,

indiaeb2

My lawyer refer me this doctor at Leon:212-2272520. He is a very nice Chinese doctor at China town, NY. From your message. it seems you have been asked same documents with me from INS for the interview. May I know what's your case situation and any other documents you will show the officer? My e-mail is ehuan43@hotmail.com.

Thanks---

Thanks good_man, you would also get it very soon. May be it is with another officer, who is late in sendng letter. I think you would also have interview around the same time.

Good Luck,

Finally , after waiting for more than 6 weeks , my interview notice has arrived. Interview is on 11/21/2002
RD - 09/24/2001
TD - 09/18/2002
ID - 11/21/2002