Case transferred to Newark

good_manpvm

Registered Users (C)
I am another unfortunate guy who’s case got transferred to Newark. Following are my details.
RD – 09/24/2002
ND – 19/11/2002
FP – 28/02/2002
TD – 09/18/2002
Heard from AVM that my case got transferred from VSC to Newark local INS office. I neither received transfer notice nor the interview notice from Newark. My lawyer got transfer notice from VSC. I was expecting this as I changed my company after getting my labor approval. I worked with company A , filed for GC thru them , changed to company B after labor approval , but kept my GC processing alive and came back to company A after getting EAD. Now I have six months pay stub from company A ( I think that is good enough). Appreciate if any one in the same boat can share their experience…. Read from some threads that Newark is pretty fast , but kind of skeptical after reading some postings about CIA check.( Posted during May- June period). I fervently hope that the " Luck" thing favors me once in a while!!!!!

good_man from pvm

I am in the same boat. My transfer date is 09/11/02. My lawyer received the notice, still waiting for the interview.

good_manpvm & ehuang

Newark is scheduling Interviews from between 4 to 6 weeks approximately. In my case as Usual was 2 weeks late

My TD 23 Aug 02
My ID 18 Oct 02

July 16,
Thanks. Will you ask your lawyer accompany you to interview? How much need to pay?

ehuang

Originally posted by ehuang
July 16,
Thanks. Will you ask your lawyer accompany you to interview? How much need to pay?

Yes He is gonna accompany me, and it's gonna cost me $500.00.

In most cases , a lawyer need not accompany you for interview . But if the case is complicated and you think that you might require a lawyer’s service to clarify certain things – then it is always advisable to spend some money for that. 500 sounds reasonable ( Hope IT guys get paid that way – for a half day service -like good old days). In my case that is not possible as my Lawyer is Rajiv itself and he may not come for even 500 dollars per hour. He will give me his cell phone number where I can call him if there is a problem. I think that is good enough.
July16, When did you receive your interview notice from Newark?

My case was transferred to Newark on 09/05 and got an interview notice on 09/13. The date is 10/21.

My case details are very simple and hence my lawyer shall not be there with me. My lawyer gave me her cell number too. She said that if there are any problems during the interview to call her on the cell.

Thanks,
nagsp

So far , there are four of us –
July 16 , you are the first one to go for theinterview . Hope you will post your interview experience in this forum.
Njasp got interview notice from Newark in five days ,after the transfer – does that mean ehuang and I have to check with local office about the status . If they arrange interviews in 4 to 6 weeks then ehuang has already completed 3 weeks ?
Wish both July16 and Njasp good luck

How can I check from the local office? The Tel number is disconnect. I'll prompt post it once I get the interview notice.
Wish you all luck.

You can go to the Newark office and get information about your case , provided you are patient enough to stand in a queue for 3 or more hours and Ok with the unbelievably rude behavior of immigration officers. My suggestion to ehuang is to wait for two more weeks for some response from the local office . Does this delay recently in scheduling interview has some thing to do with auditing that is going on ?

good_manpvm
Thanks for your suggestion. I met with my lawyer last weekend. My lawyer said my case goes well and be patient for the interview notice. I told my lawyer maybe I need he accompany me to interiview if my documents asked by INS looks complicated. He will charge me $500.

good_manpvm

I got the Interview appointment on 16 Sep 2002

And thanks for the wishes, will post my experience ASAP.

Thanks for the wishes good_manpvm

July16 you will be the first to go. I see that your ID is on Friday 10/18. Please post your experience on the same day as my interview is on the following Monday.

Best Of Luck.

One question: They have not asked of any photos. Do I need them?

Thanks
Nagsp

nagsp

--One question: They have not asked of any photos. Do I need them? --

Yes I believe you do need 2 Adit pics.

It seems the audit is over and approvals start pouring in . Ehuang , most probably you will get your interview notice this week.

Nothing new today but to wait. Maybe you will get tour notice earlier than me. Do you know the reason your case was transferred to local? :eek:

My case is same as yours

I was also working for company A and moved to Company B after labor. Filed 485, when was working for company B. My case is trasferred to Newrak on 9/20/02. Update, when you receice Interview Letter.

Newark Interview

We got our interview call around Aug 20 th for Sep 20.

On Docs:
1.The letter.
2.PP & I-94
3.Medical Exam form 693( even if not completed),
4.Emp.Cert for applicant & spouse.., Proof of Living - pref. with photos.
and ....in the footnote.. all original documents. No mention of Photos , EADs or APs.

On Lawer:We didnot take one but would strongly suggest for it. The cost of approx $500 is nothing againt the possiblity, however remote, of a rejection ; or of being asked to provide addl supporting details or documents..The latter causes more tension & uncertainty and may necessitate another visit.

On Interview: the emphasis in interview is more to ascertain the genuineness of employer.
On Documents:we took were ALL related to employement, Birth, Marriage, ID cards etc.We also took the EADs & APs which were taken.We DIDNOT take photos .
On Plastic Card: We cards 3 of 4 people ...12 days.

Trust our experience helps other people besides our friend July16,

GaganVihari

Thanks Buddy,

For sharing your experience with us, and Thanks a ton for your kind words and wishes.

July 16,
My collegue's case is based on the future employment and he send th 485 to INS last August, get approved last month. He still work with us, not his sponsoring company with EAD. The owner of this sponsoring company is my collegue 's friend. So he want to know:
1: how long he need to stay and get same pay as LC at this sponsoring company after GC (Last month) if this company will not intend to report to INS?
2:Can his name only be kept on this company pay list, but not real pay?
3:How does INS know he get pay or not if the sponsoring company will not report to INS?

Thanks