Case transferred to Newark

tea

Hi,

I got the notice from INS yesterday, saying preliminary processing of my case has been completed and it has been transferred to Newark
local office to schedule an interview. Did anyone have any experience about this? What are they going to ask if there\'s an interview? My wife
got the same notice as mine.

My info: EB2-NIW RD 8/99 ND 8/99 FP 7/00

Thanks

No Title

Tea,

I have sent you a private mail with my email address.
Mine also same case -- transferred on aug. 29.
eb2, india - June 15 99\' ND
You can write to me directly.

No Title

My case also has been transferred to Newark.
The recording changed in July and received the notice in the first week of August notifying that preliminary processing has been completed and I will be contacted by the INS/Newark office.
Same recording appeared in case of my wife but we never received
a notice to that effect.
INS/Newark has not yet sent any notification to us.
Has anyone received anything in similar situtation.
Thanks.

FS

No Title

i was told waiting period in newark is around 6 months. another person with same transfer date in august inquired at newark & they gave same answer. earliest a notification can be expected is november as they are busy with citizenship cases

No Title

Well, I hope the six month estimate is true. I have been waiting since April 6th, 2000,
after my case was transferred from VSC to Newark. Already 5+ months now.

No Title

Re. Case transferred to INS/Newark.

I omitted some details that are customary in this forum.
I am from India.
My I-140 approved under EB2/NIW back in September 97.

PD became current in April 1999.
R/D for I-485: April 1999
N/D for I-485: May 18, 1999.
FP: April 2000
N/D for case transfer: August 2000

It has been suggested that cases have been transferred in cases where the applicant changes address since filing 485. I Changed my address twice during this period. the last change was in June 2000 with change in job (in similar field).
Another suggestion is that mostly NIW cases are being transferred.

Any one knows if these are just shots in the dark or if there is a basis for such speculations?

FS

No Title

hi jfk101
i am surprised that for 5 months you have never gone to the ins office to inquire of your case. instead of speculating it is better you go there & expedite your case.

No Title

Well, after contacting the congressman at end of August, and after they sent an inquiry to Newark on Sept. 5th,
I recieved a notification from INS Newark for Finger Prints re-do. They have given me a date for Oct. 26th for finger
prints.

I had originally done my finger prints on Feb 23rd, 1999. Looks like they have expired, and, hence, a call for re-do.

Q104 - I think your wife to received finger print notification. When is her appointment? Any clue, how long it\'s going to
take after the finger prints? May be, we should contact the congressman again after the finger prints.

Thanks

No Title

RD/ND Feb 98
Notice of transfer to local center - July 25, 2000
NIW/EB2/India
We were told that it can take unto 16 months to schedule an interview.

No Title

Hi Jfk101,

What is the validy of finger print? Is it 16 months from date of finger printing or approval? Please reply.