Case transferred to Newark .... I485

No Title

My case has been transferred to Newark on 05/02/01.
My details are as follows:

India, EB3, PD Sep 96, RD Sep 99, ND Oct 99, FP 03/09/01
RFE 04/04/01, RFE reply received at VSC on 04/27/01.

Anyone who has received and interview notice yet? How long
would it be from here? Thanks for any info.

No Title

my case was transferred on 04/03/01 and no interview notice yet - run to my post box when I see the mail man - now my mail man knows me so well that he tells me whether I have anything from INS before he puts it in the box and wishes me good luck - if you are wondering - i worked 3 days from home this week just to be there to check my postal mail - thanks to my job i can do it

No Title

My case transferredd toNewarkk on 04/18 after twoRFEE,
first for finger print redo and then medical. Case detail
EB3 India
PDD: July 96
RDD:Sept.. 99
ND: Sep. 99

Does any body know theNewarkk office number. The one on transfer notice does not work.
I also went toNewarkk office personnaly, but theIIOO couldn\'t give any information.
GS

No Title

Details
EB2 India
PD: Mar 1999
RD: Oct 99
ND: Oct 99
Transfer Date : 04/03/01 to Newark
Company branch in Florida
Labor approved by Atlanta, Georgia Labor dept
I-140 done by TSC
I-485 filed at VSC
NO INTERVIEW NOTICE YET

No Title

Hi itsajoke.. I think I have the same problem as yours. My labor and I140 were done at Atlanta and 485 was filed at VSC. You think this is the reason for transfer ???? Also, in my case no RFE was issued. Did you get RFE?

Details:
EB3 India
PD 02/97
RD 12/99
ND 01/00
FP 03/01
TD 05/04/01

My company is based in Atlanta. Please post if you get interview notice.

Thanks

No Title

Hi almost .. congrats !!! My case was transferred to Newark 0n 5/4/01. Can you please post your inteview questions ? OR they just asked for specific documents ?

Thanks

No Title

Just asked for the docs and did not want to talk to us beyond that, most of the discussion had been with the lawyer. The documents was all he wanted from us. What I have seen is that if the interviewer is a senior officer they do not get into basic details, since they are alll there in the applcation. They ask for a couple of docs like the tax return etc, which giev them all they need to verify. Officers who are relatively junior end up asking all sorts of questions right down to questioning you about your address, marriage, kids, \'other mariaages/kids\', drugs, etc, etc...

No Title

Thanks almost .. and all the best for the future !!!

Just last questions ..

1. The lawyer who came with you, was he the one who filed 485 ? Does it really matter ?
2. Did they stamp your passport on the spot ?

Thanks

No Title

While the lawyer was the the same, but I do not think it matters, since the lawyers credentials were never discussed. What is important is that the lawyer is fully aware of your case, so that he/she can discuss properly. If there is no complication in your case, you can even do without the lawyer as long as you are confident enough. Sometimes, we worry a lot and work ourselves up so much that we do not have the confidence even if the case is simple.

Once you go through the interview and they are satisfied they stamp your passport right away. that is the best part of the interview you do not have to go and stand in line and the interview being a scheduled one, may be a bit delayed but is a bit more \'exclusive\'... Small silver lining in the BIG black cloud, I guess

;-)

No Title

Looks like Newark office is waiting for the transfers to come through and when they have a sizeable number, will start issuing interview notices.

Just guessing of course.

I called the Nayional number, but, the lady who answered was not able to give any additional info, except saying that, Newark is taking 13 months before calling for interviews.

This is utterly crazy.