Case transferred to Newark .... I485

very sad1

Registered Users (C)
Folks,

I was expecting a I485 approval or RFE, but instead today got a notice for the case been transferred to Newark. Anyone know how long it takes or what is the process from here on. Any insights will be greatly appreciated. My details are as below (yes, there are no typos) :)

PD 11/95
ND 10/99
FP 03/01
Case tfd. to Nwk. ND 3/01.

Any info. guys. Thank you.

No Title

Hi verysad12,

You don\'t have to be sad at all...cheer up...

IMHO, Newark INS is probably the fastest in sending interview notices (atleast according to recent trends)...I forget the userid\'s but I do remember two folks on this board getting interview calls from Newark within 3 weeks of their transfer!! which I think is incredible...I think the userid of one of them is \'Venkata Bujji\' and the other is
\'Stephen D\'Souza\'...I might be totally wrong...please do a search for past messages...you sure will find them...

So, don\'t worry...everything will be allright!

No Title

Thanks q1234. Do you know what do they ask. I did my medical on aug 99. How long are they valid, do? I have to take it again.

No Title

Verysad12: I have the same problem, case was tansferred to Newark mid March. Am not sure of the reason. Please do post an update when you hear about your interview date. I have been getting different views, the attorney and Voice Message mentioned a couple of months (3-4). Saw a guy mentioned about on www.immitracker.com\'s local transfer case tracker who had the interview in 8 weeks (Feb 01 & Mar 26). Now q1234 mentions about Venkata/Stephen, etc in 3 weeks.

The usual interviews are supposed to be routine, with little or no questioning if the case is a random pick for sampling purpose. If it is for a specific reason, that no one can tell, unless some one has gone through such an interview, we\'ll never get to know.
Keeping your eyes & ears open and see if anything new appears on these sites...

No Title

hi almost,

what re your details...lets keep in touch in this thread!!!. If anyone has insights into interview at newark, i will apreciate your comments...

No Title

Case Transferred to Newark - ND 10/99, Transferred 04/03/01
Have no idea why it was transferred

No Title

Got my Interview notice, scheduled for 1st week of May. Am still not sure what it is all about, every interview seems to be different. Destiny101\'s interview in Arlington, VA seemed to have been very long. My attorney is of the opinion that I should carry only what is asked for, even a revised letter of offer/employment is not needed, whereas obviously the revised letter of off/emp and revised affadavit of support helped Destiny101. God know what is the minimum docs one should carry. Any ideas??

No Title

Hello all,

I have the same problem. My case is transferred to NY local office. My deatils.

EB2
ND\RD : Nov 29, 1999

Anybody has any idea how long it takes for interview in NY (26 Federal plaza) and any information obout the interview. Any information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

No Title

saleem ahmed, I think you should go to NYC office in 3/4 weeks and check with them whether your file has been received by NYC INS and when they will schedule your interview. It might help. Good luck.

No Title

Ooops! My ND is 9/99 and FP is 8/00. The Interview notice has only a couple of docs reqd - Medical Reports(But these have been sent earlier, so where do I get another set from?) and the Birth & Marriage Certs, Passports, I-94, Affadavit of Support. NO Photos, NO W2s, NO Pay Stubs, NO Letter, NO Tax Form, NO any other doc. So what should I do, take them any way? My attorney says that just take what you are asked for.

Also have people going for interviews been taking their attorney\'s along?

Anyone has any comments/suggestions?

No Title

Almost-as-sad,

I am so happy for you that you got an interview letter. don\'t worry
everything will go fine. I just got off the phone with my lawyer
and he said that he has never walked into the INS in the last 15 years of practice. He did say that whenever i get my interview notice
and for the date of the interview he will give his cell phone number.

My advice - walk in with confidence and everything will be fine.
Questions
1) Do you and your spouse have different last names ? (wondering why marriage cert)
2) Did the birth certificate you submitted earlier have the names on it or not ?
3) Please post your PD and notice date on Local Transfer letter .

And once again, keep us posted about whats happening and about the Medical Reports - whether you should do one again or take a copy of the old one.

No Title

HI Its...

My concern is that it seems that some people have been taking their lawyers, don\'t know how useful that is? What (little) my lawyer told me was that this intervie wletter is generic and so they ask for all sorts of info. In fact, it says on the letter that if it is marriage based GC then both spouses MUST appear. So I think the Marriage cert is just to verify the marriage in those cases. I remember seeing in destiny101\'s case that he was grilled by the interviewer for 1.15 hrs, the interviewer was amazed that the cert was obtained 8 years after the marriage.

The Birth cert does not have the name for which I have affadavit\'s from my parents about the birth. I believe that is what is needed in such cases.

The PD is 11/98 + EB2 India. There is no ND on the letter though it was issued about 2 weeks from the transfer date. Of course according to the lawyer it should have taken 4-6 months!

Does anyone have any updates on the documents to carry? including what to do about the medical reports, which have been sent already?

No Title

I have an interview scheduld in Pittsburgh INS office and I don\'t what to expect. From my research on this site I feel that it is good to have an attorney with you.
Mine is an employment based application and the interview letter asked us to bring employment documents, birth/marriage certificates.
EB3, NSC,
RD 11/99

No Title

Hi Itsa.. & very..

Any further developments at your end? Did you guys here back regarding the interview? Did you guys hear about any others who have had their interviews? Any feedback from them?

Do reply back asap.