Case Transferred to National record center

wwossen

Registered Users (C)
I also received a notice saying my case has been transferred to The National Records Center (at Lee's Summit, MO) . After that I checked the AVM at MO and said case not found then I called Nebraska center talk to the officer today and she said it was a mistake and she will request my file back and route it to appropriate center. I don't know I am confused. Please let me know.

Could the folks with some knowledge of the National Records Center come forward and educate us on this new twist to the already twisty road to AOS. All I know is that the National Records Center is supposed to be a National repository of INS records. It appears from the numerous recent posts that this INS office has suddenly been made a part of the mainstream adjudication process.

Are they functioning in a facilitatory role or or they the adjudicating authority once a case is referred to them (much like a referral to a local INS office)?

Spoke to officer

I phoned to get the status of my MO transfer case and the phone system says that my case is not in the system. So I got hold of a case worker who was clueless. It seems that MO does process cases, however. I will try and get hold of them again and see if anyone with some IQ is manning the phones.

I am confused too. Why they transfer the case to the National Record Center? If it's mistake, should they take all transferred cases back or don't do that until you call? My case was transferred to MO Center on April 17. And I tried to check status through MO AVM, no record can be found.

Strategy

My plan is to shut up and hope for the best. It sounds to me like MO is going to process the case since NSC is to backlogged. I assume they will either approve it or send it back to NSC once approved. I don't think it is a mistake. I think that MO has not had enough time to enter it into their systems. Are you surprised?

Mistake Case transferred

The National Records Center (at Lee's Summit, MO) was set up to store all immigration documents collected in about 80 BCIS offices across the country. There was no indication from the BCIS that adjudications would be done from this center. Does this mean that they are going to (or already have) staff this center with adjudicating officers?

Someone post the above msg.

I talked to one of the officers in Nebraska and she told me it was a mistake and request my file back. The thing is it is better to call and know than wait.

Regards

If the transfer is another mistaken by Nebraska. To which center our cases should be transferred then? I understand sometimes the AOS is transferred to local office for an interview with couples who got married around I485 application. But it doesn't apply to my case which was filed more than half year later than the date I got married. Can someone provide the best prediction on what's gonna happen?

yager

pls help me to make a clear mind
1) BCIS National recorder Center, MO and
2) BCIS MO Service Center
are the same one?

I do not believe they are the same. The National Records Center previously has not had any adjudication duties to the best of my information.:(

Case to BCIS National recorder Center, MO By mistake

Is any one call INS about BCIS National recorder Center, MO and why cases are transfered to this center with out Approval/denial.

Lastweek one of the officer told me it was a mistake and they have to request my file back to Nebraska..

Regards,

BCIS National recorder Center

do you have a phone number for BCIS National recorder Center? They have no known listed phone number or customer service for that matter. Yager if you know pl let us know.

Is your case back in NSC

Is you case back in NSC? When did your case transferred? Mine is Apr. 17th.

Mistake Case transferred

On April 18 , and not returned to Nebraska. They said it would take some time (one to three months) to correct this kind of mistake. From what I understand from my last conversation with Nebraska they meant to send it to Detroit INS for Interview. MY ND is 03/2002.

:eek: :confused: :mad:

Really? When was your last call to IIO? It's been a month since I called last time.
Let me know when your case is updated. Thanks.

Mistake

Today and the IIO told me to wait with no explanation. How long??? I don’t know. Please update me on changes. Keep in touch.

Thanks for your response
:confused:

First, my lawyer told me that Nebraska mistakenly sent out my file to another center. But lately, she told me that after discussions with Nebraska, they learned that it was not error, Nebraska transferred my file for a kind of security check. And number of cases transferred has increased recently.