case transferred to Local Office

testgc

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
Finally my I485 is approved as per online status yesterday. MY wife's case is transferred to Local office(Indianapois, INdiana) today. Has anybody had similar situation?. if so please let know howlong the local office people will take. I might go for stamping nextweek. Can i ask the Local office people about mycase.

My I-485 details
RD- oct 2001
FP May 02
2nd FP Sep 03
RFE 02-SEp-03 RFE Recd 02-0ct-03
Adate : 15-Oct-03

Please advise ...

Thanks
TESTGC

Interview should happen in four months

It took two months to schedule since transfer and two months to interview since scheduling. The indianapolis office staff are very friendly. It is the probably the only place where you could still tell that BCIS is a service to the public. Good luck!

Good thing they work fast in Indiana.
My case was transferred to a NY office 10 months ago and still no signs of anything!!!

Indianapolis transfer approved

Happy holiday to everybody! My case was finally approved on 12/19/2003, two months after interview , 6-month since transferred from VSC, 16 months since AC21 porting from VSC to NSC, 2 yrs since I485 filing, and 4 yrs since LCA filing.

I want to say thanks to Immigrationportal.com and all friends on this board who helped make the wait less painful. This board could make immigration lawyers useless!

My lesson learned is to be confident in yourself and the system. If you have a better opportunity upon completing 180 days of 1485 filing, go for it!

Best wishes to everyone.

Re: Indianapolis transfer approved

Originally posted by pacercolts
Happy holiday to everybody! My case was finally approved on 12/19/2003, two months after interview , 6-month since transferred from VSC, 16 months since AC21 porting from VSC to NSC, 2 yrs since I485 filing, and 4 yrs since LCA filing.

I want to say thanks to Immigrationportal.com and all friends on this board who helped make the wait less painful. This board could make immigration lawyers useless!

My lesson learned is to be confident in yourself and the system. If you have a better opportunity upon completing 180 days of 1485 filing, go for it!

Best wishes to everyone.
Congrats!Happy Holidays to you,I am sure you have more than one reason to celebrate!Enjoy!We are still waiting to be scheduled for a interview...after our case was transferred 1 year ago(jan.6 2004 will be 1 year)...

hey tata 2003,

I have similar situation like yours: My case got transferred from VSC to NSC. I have been living in the detroit area for the last five years. My employer is in Delaware and I have been working for the client in Detroit for the last five years for the same employer who is based from Delaware/New Jersey.
My I 140 got approved from VSC and after a year and half the I 485 got transferred to NSC. I believe you too had a similar situation where in your case got transferred from VSC to NSC. I would like to request you to please let me know the reason why VSC has transferred the case. Has VSC transferred the I 485 because I live in the detroit area which comes under the Nebraska jurisdiction ? This transfer has taken place just a few days back. Will I recieve any notification from Nebraska or Vermont about this transfer details and the reasons. I have read about the transfer from the website.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Originally posted by suresh734
hey tata 2003,

I have similar situation like yours: My case got transferred from VSC to NSC. I have been living in the detroit area for the last five years. My employer is in Delaware and I have been working for the client in Detroit for the last five years for the same employer who is based from Delaware/New Jersey.
My I 140 got approved from VSC and after a year and half the I 485 got transferred to NSC. I believe you too had a similar situation where in your case got transferred from VSC to NSC. I would like to request you to please let me know the reason why VSC has transferred the case. Has VSC transferred the I 485 because I live in the detroit area which comes under the Nebraska jurisdiction ? This transfer has taken place just a few days back. Will I recieve any notification from Nebraska or Vermont about this transfer details and the reasons. I have read about the transfer from the website.

Suresh

Hi Suresh,

Originally posted by suresh734
hey tata 2003,

Suresh
Well,since my case was transferred one year ago from VSC to a New York local office just to be scheduled for a interview, this is the first time I hear from them,(I think just because I did a EAD renewal...)it took one year and the BCIS "NOTICE OF ACTION" didn;t mencioned the reason of the transfer but my lawyer said that this is a normal proceed and they use to transfer the case to the closest office (near where you live).I called them today and they scheduled me and my family for 1/16/04 to take digital photograph,signature and fingerprints lets wait to see what cames next...

Spouse 485 transferred to Local Indianapolis Office

My I-485 got approved on 9 Apr. 2004 but my wife's case transferred to local Indianapolis office. I want to know how much time Indianapolis office takes to issue interview letter and how much total time they takes to finally issue a GC.

Suresh, My case was also transfered from VSC to Detroit office on the 6th of april. My attorney already received a transfer notice from the VSC. The detroit office will send us the interview notice soon. One of the local attorneys telling me that the detroit office will schedule with a month period but the other attorney in Troy is telling me that it will take about 5 months to schdule for an interview. Please share your information...thanks.

transfer

My 485 case got approved and my wife's case is transferred to local INS office in Detroit in first week of april. No idea of how much time it is taking to get an interview notice.

Appreciate people's input on this

did you receive 2nd FP? If not, the local will send you 2nd fp and will send you an inverview card after they receive the results of your FP. It takes about 2 weeks to recieve the interview notice from the tansfer date if they already have your 2nd fp. thanks.

Thanks a lot!! My wife already got her 2nd FP done in Jan 04. Just recived an interview notice too...for May 21.Took about 3 weeks to get the notice after transfer date and 1 month wait time...

could you pelase tell me the officer's name from the interview letter and what are the docs she/he ask you to bring for the interview..and pls share you experience after you come back from the interview....i am still waiting for fp and interview letter.thanks.