Case transferred to Local Office

maryam82

Registered Users (C)
hey,

I had a quick question regarding the citizenship process. What does it mean if a USCIS rep tells you that your case has been transferred to the local office?

Does that mean that the background checks have been completed on your case?

By the way, my service center is VSC. thanks!

That means that the service center has done its part and now the local office takes over. The best indication that your background check is complete, is receipt of an interview letter.

give me reply

When did you apply? and which number to call to findout the status?
My priority date is july 2nd.

thanks for your reply.

USCIS Cust Service Number

BAMCITIZEN,

You can call their toll free line from 9am to 6pm EST at 1-800-375-5283. Now to get someone immediately on the line without holding and listening to their recording, press options 1,2,6 and 0.

Atlanta

BAMCITIZEN,

You can call their toll free line from 9am to 6pm EST at 1-800-375-5283. Now to get someone immediately on the line without holding and listening to their recording, press options 1,2,6 and 0.

I CALLED MY LAWYER TODAY AND HE SAID THAT IMMIGRATION DONT WANT ME TO SUE AND THEY WILL RESOLVE MY CASE IN COUPLE WEEKS AFTER THEY KNEW THAT I WANT TO SUE

THEY SAID THEY HAVE HALF MY FILE AND THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE SECOND HALF I DONT GET IT BUT WATEVER

HAVE U EVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING?

HE SAID IF WE DONT HEAR FROM THEM IN 2 WEEKS WE WILL START THE SUE

Let's wait

Worried2007,

I think you should wait for couple of weeks & hopefully you will get your IL. You have waited that long so why not another 2 more weeks. I haven't heard anything about file part 1 and part 2. It may be true, who knows....this is USCIS, they may be trying to put all the pieces together....finding the missing puzzle.

Keep me posted