Case transferred to local office, where to file I-765?

No, file at TSC.

You must still file your I-765 and I-131 at TSC. Now, recently ADO got into the habit of requesting TSC that your files be transferred to ADO if your I-485 had already been transferred. Therefore, in all probability yours will be transferred to ADO. But then the proper channel is to file with TSC and not with ADO.

The information officer I called this afternoon said I should file it at USCIS at Chicago instead. I googled the same address he provided.

I guess the new policy started from Dec 1, 2004.

my understanding that family bases 485s files to Chicago, are u EB? or Family basesed?

don't be confused, take ur time to research out before file.

here is what one of similar case as urs.

EAD renewal appl. trns to local office: need advise:

----------------------------------
http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=155419&highlight=485+transfered+765

Hi all,

27th Sept. is RD of I 765. It was suppose to be renewed by this time(75 days) but yesterday I am e-mailed that my above case has been transffered to local cleveland office. My driver license is good untill Dec 30th. My attorny says I will have to take an appointment through Infopass. Still I have not received a transfere notice, I may get within few days. My I 485 case is already been transfered to Cleveland office on Oct 27th.

-------------------------------------

It seems to me that even filing to TSC would triger the Transfer.

but u do have option Interm EAD make sure u get receipt as soon as possible whereever u filed + 90 days for interem EAD before ur EAD expire.

do share us ur exp, it may help to others

Good Luck

-----------------------------
the following info u can find on page 1 of 765 form at uscis web site.

EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2004
DIRECT MAIL INSTRUCTIONS FOR PERSONS FILING FORM I-765
If you live in one of these states or territories, please read this notice to determine your filing location:
ALABAMA, ARIZONA, ARKANSAS, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, FLORIDA,
GEORGIA, HAWAII, ILLINOIS, INDIANA, KENTUCKY, LOUISIANA, MAINE, MASSACHUSETTS,
MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, MISSISSIPPI, NEVADA, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK,
NORTH CAROLINA, NORTH DAKOTA, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, SOUTH
CAROLINA, SOUTH DAKOTA, TENNESSEE, UTAH, VERMONT, VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA,
WISCONSIN, WYOMING, AS WELL AS THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, GUAM, PUERTO RICO,
AND THE VIRGIN ISLANDS OF THE UNITED STATES
The mailing address has changed for certain applicants living in the locations above, and filing under
certain categories – please review the list below to determine if you should use this direct mail address.
This affects aliens residing in the locations above who are filing Form I-765, seeking employment
authorization under 8 CFR 274a.12 in the following categories:
• (a)(10)—Aliens granted Withholding of Removal;
• (c)(9)—Aliens filing a family-based application for adjustment of status (Form I-485) who are presently
required to file with the USCIS local office having jurisdiction over their place of residence;
• (c)(10)—Aliens granted Suspension of Deportation who are required to file with the USCIS Service Center
having jurisdiction;
• (c)(11)—Aliens who are paroled into the United States temporarily for emergency reasons or the public
interest;
• (c)(14)—Aliens granted deferred action, except those aliens who have been granted deferred action based
upon (1) an approved Form I-360 (as a battered spouse or child of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent
resident), (2) a pending bona fide application for T nonimmigrant status, or (3) U nonimmigrant status
interim relief;
• (c)(16)—Aliens who are filing for creation of record of lawful admission for permanent residence under
section 249 of the Act; and
• (c)(18)—Aliens granted an Order of Supervision;
These aliens must submit their Form I-765, and all supporting evidence to the Chicago Lockbox Facility
listed below.
The Direct Mail address for the aliens mentioned above, seeking employment authorization is:
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
Or, for non-United States Postal Service (USPS) deliveries (e.g. private couriers):
U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Attn: FBASI
427 S. LaSalle – 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60605-1098

--------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: