Case transferred to local INS office

mycase18

Registered Users (C)
My case has been transferred to local INS office. I haven't received the letter yet.

Can someone tell me which local INS office that would be? I live in New Jersey.

How long would it be before the interview.

Replies are highly appreciated.

Its EB3. Also I never changed my job, never changed address, nothing like that at all.

Can someone also tell me how long would it be before the interview?

What city will the interview be in?

Can I find out why am I having interview?

Thanks a lot for your replies.

Thanks for your reply.

In NJ, probably it will be Newark. They are fast and efficient comparatively (2-5 months). This is what I could know from other postings on this forum - I don't have personal experience though.

Sometimes, they transfer without any reason ("Quality control"). Sometimes, past immigration status is not clear or current employment verification is required or medical report is fuzzy (say, positive for TB or HIV, then they transfer to local centers for proofs of treatment). Usually, they write in interview call (if any) what documents will be required during the interview. Sometimes (rarely though), local centers don't need personal interview, and send approval straightaway.

If you never changed employer, I guess you should not worry (except for additional delay of couple of months).

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
I used company lawyer.

Our company is very small 75 employees from 125 in the past 1 year.

Does that matter?

I think this is the reason, because your company is a startup, INS wants to make sure your company still exists and you are still employeed. In this kind of economy, a small company like yours can vanish any time. If you're still employeed, shouldn't worry then.

Good luck!