Case Transferred to Lincoln NE

rka1

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
Receipt Number: WAC********

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On February 14, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What are my next steps? Is this a good sign?
I changed my job a month ago and I am in a different role. What should I do now?
Could anybody share their experience with Lincoln NE office?

Any inputs are valuable and appreciated.
Thanks
rka1
EB3 substitution
Labor PD: Sep2001
RFE on I140 - May2005
I140-Approved Sep2005
I485 applied on Aug2004

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat too. I also received an e-mail from USCIS today stating that my 485 application is being transfered to Lincoln. I am not why this happened and how this affects further processing in my application. Any feedback in this regards is appreciated.

rka1 said:
Gurus,
Receipt Number: WAC********

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: This case has been sent to another office for processing.

On February 14, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our LINCOLN, NE location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our LINCOLN, NE location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

What are my next steps? Is this a good sign?
I changed my job a month ago and I am in a different role. What should I do now?
Could anybody share their experience with Lincoln NE office?

Any inputs are valuable and appreciated.
Thanks
rka1
EB3 substitution
Labor PD: Sep2001
RFE on I140 - May2005
I140-Approved Sep2005
I485 applied on Aug2004

I am in the same boat as you guys, infact there are lot of us.
Check out
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=240341

I got the same email too. I am a EB3 Substitution case from CA.Comapny substituted after 5 years of loyal service. Looks like couple others who got this email are subsitutuion cases as well.

Others who posted here, are you substitution cases as well ? Please respond.

Is this happening to Substitution cases only or in general ?

die_other_day said:
I am also in the same boat. I am not sure why they transfered our cases but just got that email yesterday

I'm also in the same boat and mine is not a Substitution case so this is not just for Substitution , this is for every one.
I'm not sure but according the information from some of my friends, INS in the process of consolidation the all the process so they are moving all H1 process to one center all the I140's to one center and all the 485 to one center. Based on the email we got, I think all the 485 case are being moved to NE.

I'm not sure how this is going to effect our case.

Venu

I already suffered because of a similar transfer that took place last year .
My 140/485 was transferred from VSC to NSC after sitting in VSC for 9 months and in the process NSC did not consider the original filing date . They will consider the actual transfer date to NSC as new Receipt Date . This is purely to delay the processing , not speed up processing as they claim . Now all of these cases will be considered as new cases upon arrival in NSC and we can not place any formal inquiry until the Processing dates of NSC cross the new receipt Date by more than a month .

This has been really frustating for me and it is a complete loss of our valuable time for the duration when the applications gathered dust in old center before being moved to NSC.

sandipkarmakar1 said:
I already suffered because of a similar transfer that took place last year .
My 140/485 was transferred from VSC to NSC after sitting in VSC for 9 months and in the process NSC did not consider the original filing date . They will consider the actual transfer date to NSC as new Receipt Date . This is purely to delay the processing , not speed up processing as they claim . Now all of these cases will be considered as new cases upon arrival in NSC and we can not place any formal inquiry until the Processing dates of NSC cross the new receipt Date by more than a month .

This has been really frustating for me and it is a complete loss of our valuable time for the duration when the applications gathered dust in old center before being moved to NSC.
I dont think this correct or legal. We should always refer to the orginal filing / receipt date and Receipt number for all tracking purposes. they moving case from one center to another is immaterial from our perspective.We should check with our attorneys about this.

josamdee said:
I dont think this correct or legal. We should always refer to the orginal filing / receipt date and Receipt number for all tracking purposes. they moving case from one center to another is immaterial from our perspective.We should check with our attorneys about this.

Someone would think it makes sense to retain the original filing date but with INS anything is possible. My case also got transfered yesterday and I am waiting since Nov 2004. This is ridiculos but we are helpless. My case too got transferred to NSC yesterday from California and in the email it is clearly mentioned that NSC will process the the cases the order in which it receives, that is yesterday. SO now we will be last in the queue while new people filed theirs with NSC now. Does it make sense? No answer. If at least one person thinks sensibly in INS many of our lives would have changed by now.

Current NSC processing date for I-485 is June 2006

My EB3 case with priority date Jul 02 2001 has also been moved to NE on Feb 14 2007 and my LUD got updated on FEB 19th.

Any idea what is going on ?

Last edited by a moderator:

I received the transfer notice from USICS it still has the original receipt date. so i think we can still invoke enquiry to check progress if it is outside the normal processing time.

I am thinking of involving AILA liasion (thro my attorney) to get status on my case. anybody with any positive expirience on this route?

I hope the ND gets carried over

My 485 was transferred from VSC to NSC on 12/26/06. The VSC ND is 7/14/04.
I got a letter from NSC informing me about the transfer and a letter from VSC stating that the review of my application has been COMPLETED and transferred to NSC for an interview scheduling.
The letter from NSC did not have a ND and the letter from VSC had the old ND of 7/14/04.
This week I called the Customer Service to inquire on my case, she asked me about the ND. I asked her "Which notice date, the NSC or the VSC??" and she went by the VSC notice date. So I am assuming and hoping that the ND gets transferred as well and we do not start the wait all over again. If this is not the case I am going for a WOM!!!

I received an LUD with following message today on my 485 application.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Guru's,
received an LUD with following message today on my 485 application.

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS that was transferred to our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location is now pending there. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

Original Received Date.. Not NE receive date

I recently got an update and USCIS has updated their message saying that they process the case in the order USCIS is recieve not the service center.

Here is current status message

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Original Received Date.. Not NE receive date

Is this mean current processing date of I485 for EB3 for NE is 8-MAY-2001 ?

LUDs for me and my wife again today (2/28)

Recent LUDS 2/14, 2/19, 2/26, 2/27, 2/28(for me & my wife only)

Please post if anyone is gettings LUDS

LUDs for me and my wife again today (2/28)

Recent LUDS 2/14, 2/19, 2/26, 2/27, 2/28(for me & my wife only)

Please post if anyone is gettings LUDS

I think your aproval it's on the way !!! Keep fingers crossed for you !!!
God Speed buddy !!!

My 140/485 was transferred from VSC to NSC after sitting in VSC for 9 months and in the process NSC did not consider the original filing date . They will consider the actual transfer date to NSC as new Receipt Date . This is purely to delay the processing , not speed up processing as they claim . Now all of these cases will be considered as new cases upon arrival in NSC and we can not place any formal inquiry until the Processing dates of NSC cross the new receipt Date by more than a month.

check this post at http://www.immigration-law.com/
03/03/2007: Ongoing 485 Transfers from VSC to TSC for East Cases and from CSC to NSC for West Cases

There also were some reports that these immigrants had received a confusing information from the officials as to the processing queue of their cases in the TSC or NSC, but the NSC and TSC have consistently reported in the AILA liaison meetings that they would keep the original processing queue before the transfers. Obviously such transfers and maintenance of queues may affect the processing times for I-485 cases and I-485 processing times for NSC and TSC.

Hi
I received a transfer notice too from CSC to NSC. I wish they should publish things better when they do this.
Mahesh
Eb-3
Priority Date : 20 -Sep-2001
I-485 Receipt Date: 11-Jan-2005