Case Transferred to LA or Santa Ana office

Dil

Registered Users (C)
I had applied for EB3 I-140 RD 4/14/2004 and I-485 RD 4/25/2004. My I-140 was approved on 4/14/2004 and my I-485 transferred to LA. Since I live in Irvine, LA office will transfer my I-485 to Santa Ana office. I am curious to know if Santa Ana is faster in scheduling the interview or LA. Anyone having this kind of experience, please throw some lights. I am not too sure what prompted INS to transfer my case, as I am still working with the same employer.

Thanks
Dil

Difficult to predict

My case got trans transferred from LA to Santa Ana. I live in Anaheim which is Santa Ana area. But I know some people living in SA area, but their 485 got approved from LA local. You may have to check the status after 1-2 months by taking info pass or over phone.

Any progress on your Case?

Hello Chandra:
Any progress on your case. It took 4 month for your case to transfer a case from LA to Santa Ana. If this is the pace, then I am really worried how long does it take to get the interview done or obtain approval from the local office.

I will appreciate your feedback.
Thanks
Dil

No progress..

Dil,
no progress after the transfer. Infact INS office did not notified me the 2nd transfer. Back in October, I have called them and inquired them on the case. Then I got a reply from LA office after 3 weeks saying that the files were moved to SA office in Sep. After that, in mid november, I have contacted SA office, they were not sure when they will open my file. I have crossed the "frustration" period. Now I am kind of not bothered on the case. If it comes soon that's ok. If it doesn't come soon, that's also fine.

Transfer

My case was transferred from TSC to LA office on 8/27/2004.
It was again transferred from LA to Santan ana on 9/20/2004 ( info given @ LA office). Since then there is no progress on my case. Except I got an FP notice again last week ( 5/21/05) as I applied for 3rd EAD.

My case was transferred in January 2005 to the local Los Angeles office and I have not got any interview notice as yet.
I hope they just send me an approval notice rather than an interview notice. :)

Approved After 485 interview

Received a interview call for 8/25. Was not able to make it to the interview. interview was rescheduled for 12/5. Case approved after interview on 12/5.

Please advice

My case was transfered to Santa Ana as well...I had my interview in July-2005...My I-140 was approved on Oct-2005...after the interview the officer told me that I need to wait for the A numbers to be current. at that time, he also told me that my name check is not complete as well...My PD is Nov-2001 and I am not sure when the A numbers will be current...
My plan is to attend Dental school next year and I need to study for it full time to be able to get in...When is it safe to quit my job?
Anyone in the same boat?How do I check to see if my name check has been completed????
Thanks for your help!