Case Transferred to LA Office

02045waiting

Registered Users (C)
I just received an e-mail that my case has been transferred to LA Office. Can anyone tell me about their experience? How long before they call you for interview. What should I prepare to bring with me? Thanks.

WAC 02-045XXXXX
ND: Nov 20, 2001
LUD: 5/14, 06/22, 06/23, 06/24, 07/07, 08/06
1st FP: July 16, 2004
:(

Transfer

It is taking less time now(around an average of four to five months).Any idea why your case might have been transferred?
Thanks.

welcome to the club 02045waiting.
As per my earlier searches on this Forum a couple have got notices in 3 months.
My case was transfered to LA on July 21st, I suspect for Change of Address.
What about you , what do you think is the reason for transfer.

Maybe because of 245i... Also, I have 2 jobs. But also have 2 US citizen kids and married to a permanent resident husband. Got married after my 485 was filed.

They cannot question you on 2 jobs. I too have two jobs.
Infact sometimes 3 , I do help my cousins on thier businesses and they pay me by check.
Yes 245 I should be an issue, but since you are married to a US greencard holder unless you have a criminal background they have no reason to deny you a GC.
I am sure the interview is just to check a few documentations.
BTW how would they know you have two jobs????
Did you have a RFE??

No, I didn't get an RFE. I don't have any criminal records not even a parking ticket. It's probably my 245i... Please post when you get your interview appointment. Do you know where I should file AP now that my case has been transferred.

Thanks.

My Case was transferred to S.F. local office on 8/5.
Today(8/9), I got the tranfer notification.

The following is the notification.
Preliminary Processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS office at:
Room 200B, 630 Sansome Street,San Francisco,CA 94111
Tel : (800) 375-5283
That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office.