Case Transferred to INS Arlington - Approved today - NDOCT99

NDOCT99

Registered Users (C)
Hi everybody,

Our (my, wife\'s and daughter\'s) Adjustment of status case transferred to INS Arlington earlier this year was approved today.

Here are the details for anyone who cares.

We had an appointment today at 8:50 AM. in room # 311. We got there at about 8:40 AM and dropped our letters in the drop box. We were called inside at about 9:05 AM for the so called interview.

She first took mine and wife\'s finger prints and asked us to sign in what I guess was the I-89 data form. Then we walked over to her room where she made us comfortable.

Our attorney was not with us, so she asked us to sign a form stating that we are aware that the interview in conducted without my attorney.

Then she administered oath for being truthful to us.

Next she examined our file and verified verbally everything that was there on our I-485 form column by column. She asked for the employer letter. I am an IGATE\'er and she asked for why my company name is different. I explained that and it there in the letter as well. No more questions about employment. She then took our passports and took out I-94 and kept marking on her papers. She didn\'t like the photos of my wife and daughter that were on the file and so we gave her the new one. Finally, she stamped on our passport and we were out of there by 9:40 AM.

The interviewer was a very sweet lady named POSEY. The only thing she asked us to produce was
- employment letter with two copies
- passports with I-94 and
- the photos.

We had so many papers with us and she didn\'t care to ask for anything. Not even the license or EADs.

All along she was in very good mood. When I introduced her to my wife and daughter saying this is my wife and daughter, she laughed and said they better be. Our fingerprints were taken first, which, I believe are taken at the end. Right in the beginning she told us that if we can bear with her for just a little while, our passports will be stamped. That time she also said that she had requested for the visa numbers already. She talked about the vacation she had recently and asked us when are we having ours. We also discussed as to much we all hate Monday\'s and how far I work from home. She had a casual conversation with my wife and daughter as well.

Well the end result is that we are now stamped for permanent residency and what a nice way to end the wait of almost five years.

I will like to thank this forum and the people participating here for immense help that they are. I also wish a very very good luck to people waiting for approval and would like to remind them their day will come as well. Don\'t lose hope.

NDOCT99

No Title

Congrats NDOCT99! Enjoy!

Do you remember exactly what documents INS asked in the interview appt. letter to take along with you in the interview?

No Title

Thanks sbk,

The documents asked for were

- The letter itself
- passports, I-94
- B.C., Marriage Certificate, photos for shared life
- Current employment letter
- Affidavit of support (I-134 form)
- Last three years fed income tax returns
- EADs
- Court dispositions of any arrests
- clear copies of all of above.

One must carry enough copied of self employment letter. They need one copy for each dependent. They may ask for photos as well.

NDOCT99