Case transferred to Hartford CT - please HELP !!!!

Thank you - Connie Wang and yad

Guys,

Thank you for your resposes. It might be possible that you might have met two different IIOs at Hartford, thats why two different responses. Anyway what we can all do is just keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best and exchange information. So please lets keep in touch and share our experiences.

Good luck !

Guys .. a quick question for u

Guys, could u please tell me .. when u went u Hartford INS.. what time did u go there ?.. or did u have to take any ticket and wait in queue etc.. could u please tell me the details.. I appreciate it.. I might also want to go there sometime in January.. but wanted to know the details.. (how much time do we have to wait .until some one talks to us ?)

Please post the details !
Thank you

No Title

I went last Friday 12/07 reached around 7:30am, car meter parked near to INS office. Office opened at 8:00am, gone through security check. Got ticket at 4\'th floor and spoke to office B (very rude nature)
... No progress. Prepared your mind to deal with these rude officers

Attorney received Interview letter -- interview on 1/15/2002

Guys,
I think Hartford INS suboffice is very good. My attorney told me that he received the interview letter and our interview is scheduled for Jan 15 2002 at Hartford INS office. He told me that INS could have mixed up my paperwork -- otherwise there is no need to transfer my case in the first place. He told me that he will go with me (ofcourse for $$$) so that we can straighten this out. He told me that they might not give me the GreenCard on the same day but they might send my case back to VSC as there is no need for the transfer and the paperwork is mixed up. But I am planning on going with all documents that I can think of -- just in case!!!

I have a question - could someone please tell me what does this mean : The reason for the transfer/interview is "removal of conditions from your permanent residence." 

The attorney told me that I dont have any conditions on my GC !!! ???. I appreciate any input !!!

Here are my details.

ND - 12/2000, RFE - Oct 2001, Responded Nov 2001, Case transferred to Hartford CT Nov 19th 2001. Interview letter recvd on 12/15/2001 interview scheduled for 1/15/2002. I will post details as I get them.

Good luck to you all - I am sure you also will receive your interview letters soon.

Did u receive a copy of the letter?i think that is the standard wording ...

for all interviews.

No Title

My Case has been transfered on Sep 14,2001 still waiting for interview call. Should I go again to Hartford INS office to findout the status? Last time I went they are not saying anything only it wil take several months.

I think you should go to Hartford INS

yad,

I know ... mine is transferred because (my guess) I changed my job after 180 days. Did u change jobs also ? Or it might be possibe that INS Hartford didnot recieve your file from Vermont ? Try your luck again .. by goig to Hartford.. if you stay near by.

abci... I didnot get the copy of interview letter yet. My attorney received it on Saturday (12/15). He said he will send me the copy. I received the transfer notice from Vermont. But there are no details in that. I think my attorney never dealt with a transfer case before so he might not know that they use the same wordings on all the interview letters. Anyway I am going all prepared with all sorts of documents I can think of (last 6 years tax returns, W2s, paystubs for 3 years, my schooling details, my degrees, the evaluations of my degrees,all H1 approvals until now, photographs, affidavit of support for my wife .. .. the list goes on). I hate to make another trip to Hartford.

abci ..t happend with your case. I saw that you moved to Florida?.. any new developments from your side ? .. please post details. Also if possible please suggest me of any particular documents I should carry with me !!

Thank you and good luck !!

Jones..dont worry

Take anything and everything.Carry your marriage and honeymoon photos.
Also take affidavit of support (for wife and kids)and take form 9033.

My family is in VA..i travel forth between Fl and VA...dint want to trasnfer the case to FL as it takes a looong time for local to local trasnfers.
Keeping fingers crossed and waiting.

Hope you get your GC on 15th. Take letters from old and new company. Take a detailed letter from new company.

Hope you are taking a good attorney with you.

Also take a copy of all correspondence you have sent to INS vermont so far.

All the best man.. :)

Indiana Jones, Details Please

Indiana Jones,
You mentioned that you changed your job after 180 days. Is it 180 days after RD or ND. Could you tell me if there was any documentation to you sent to the INS informing your job changing or any kind of documentation or correspondence you did it with INS vermont. Let me know at your earliest please.
Thanks in Advance.
Have Fun,
Netboyks.

netboyks - 180 days

I infact changed my job after 8 months of wait. So I was well beyond 180 days from both ND and RD. If I were you I would not risk it .. I would change after 180 days from ND. (RD is generally

Thanks

Thanks for the valuable info Indiana Jones. I am being offered the full time position in with the client I am working with right now. That is the specualtion because of the present economic and market situations (in the terms of the H1-B, unless you are under different profession). I just did my FP. It will be

No Title

Indiana Jones,
Good Luck for interview tomorrow please update us. I am still waiting for Interview call I-485 transfered on Sep 14,2001

No Title

Connie Wang,
When was your case transfered to Hartford,CT? Everyone says that Hartford is good office as campared to others but I don\'t thing so it seems to be worst than others.

Any news for CT XFER\'s?

ND 12/00 Case been transferred on 11/1/01, no interview call yet. please share your information. Thanks.

case transfered to Hartford INS!

Indiana Jones,

How was your Interview went, Please share your experience!