case transferred to detroit local office... advice needed!!

gpu

Hi All,

Need some advice on my case...

My case got transferred to Detroit local office on 2/7. I got RFE at the end of Oct and INS received my response on 12/4. I checked my status online and got this transfer message.

Anyone has any idea on how long the wait is for the interview in detroit?

I got the RFE on employment. I got laid off and switched employer, but in my response, my old company still gave me letter stating that they would hire me when I have my green card, and my new employer gave me letter stating that I have a job in the silimar field. I submitted both letters to INS.

What should I prepare for my interview? What should I bring? Any advice or opinions?

Thanks.

Hi gpw,

One of my colleague's case got the interview after 2 months. Some took even 3-4 months. But most of them were because of marraige within 6 months before filing I485. First time, I am hearing that case transferred due to AC21.

My case is still with INS Nebraska. I have replied the response to RFE few days before. Basically I changed job using AC21. My attorney says possibly my case gets transferred to Detroit INS. Let' pray God. Let's try to get the info of Detroit INS AC21 cases and keep the thread Alive.

If possible change the thread name to add AC21 cases reansferred to INS detroit, because the other thread is transfers due to Marriage.

Best of luck.

I am not using AC21

In my response to INS's RFE, I didn't use AC21, since my previous employer gave me a employment letter.

How do I convince INS that I will still go back to my old employer? Can I use AC 21 at the time of interview?

Thanks.

Hi gpw,

I observed some AC21 cases are getting approved, without getting transferred to local INS. Now I understand why your case is transferred. It depends on our luck also. Anyway, what is your attorney saying? Did you you write all your response to the RFE on your own? Obviously the attorneys can take care of all the issues.

First of all, I have never seen AC21 cases in INS detroit. I am also wondering how do they treat these cases. My attoreny says, if we have very strong legal argument, AC21 cases can be handled, even though some times they are risky. So please rely on good attorney.

Thank you

Hi SameerN

Hi SameerN,

Thanks so much for the info. I had an attorney friend write the RFE response for me. We didn't use AC 21 is because I got laid off after 140 before 485 filing, but my old company gave me the letter so that I could continue 485 filing. We didn't know how much chance we had to use AC21 since it is not clear if that applies to my case or not. Now I am wondering if I made a mistake not using AC 21. If I did, I might have got approval without interview. :(:(

I am now just worried since there is no case like mine before. :(:( Can I use AC21 if they have doubts that I would go back to my old employer at the time of interview?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi gpw,

If you see the chat transcripts of Murthy.com, she has mentioned several times that we can get the green card as a future job. That means, you can get the green card sponsered by a company for which you will work in the future only. Your situation is similar to this. But you need to convince or prove that you have good intention of joining the company who is sponsering GC i.e. your old company. Probably this is why your case is transferred to Local INS. In this case AC21 is irrelevant. Since you are not using AC21 you are doing 100% right. Even though we see these kind of cases rare, as per Murthy it is 100% legal. But the trick is you should join your old company after getting the GC, other wise you may have problem in Naturalization.

thanks

thx SameerN

Thanks, SameerN. I am not worried about natualization. I will try to rejoin my old company. But if that doesn't work (company goes under or some other reasons), I can apply for citizenship after 6 or 7 years. INS requires past 5 years experiences on the application form of natualization if you know what I meant. :) But how do I convince them that I have the intent to go back? I already submitted my old company's employer offer letter with updated dates and signature.

where do I get tax returns?

Hi all,

Help needed! I just got local interview dates - 3/13. My case was transferred to local on 2.7. It is surprisingly fast!

But it asked me to bring last 3 years federal tax returns. Anyone knows where I can get them? It is possible to get them before 3/13??

Help!!!!

Thanks.

What do you mean where to get them? If they are asking for your tax returns, you are expected to have them!!!!

Do they accept photo copied tax forms or do I need to have transcripts from IRS??? - that is my question. And I just checked IRS website, it took 60 days for photo copies and 7-10 business days for transcripts. I don't think I have the time to get my last 3 years tax return transcripts in time.

i got it in one day

depend on where you stay I got my transscript within one day in portland . when you call the 1-800 number it intelligently (most of the time) connects you to the local center and they issue you the transcript. hope this helps.

I received Interview from Detroit for 3/11.

Transfer date:2/11/03

Any interview experience.

Please help.

GPW

Hi gpw,

Do you have your W2!! I am pretty sure you should have W2. Becuase when you get your W2 - you get one copy for yourself.
And that I think may also work.