Case transferred to Chicago Local office

Do we need to carry employment letter for dependent interview? I (Primary) have been approved directly by NSC.

I gather we don't need to carry medical and I 864, right?

Thanks,
chi_lin

chi lin

u don't need employment letter,medical or i-864. But if it is available i would suggest you that u carry emploment letter.in your case you must take proof of marrage and B.C. for all your depands applicant.Also it is better to carry last three year's tax return.

got the notification for fingerprint

My spounse and I both got the notification for fingerprint (2nd) yesterday and the scheduled date is from 10/21 to 10/28 at Indiana. But I am in Urbana,IL area and my husband is in Charlotte, North Carolina. So we may not be able to make it during the schedued time. My questions are: can my husband do his fingerprint at Charlotte, which has an INS local service center and belongs to Texas center. The second question is: If it is ture that the earlier we do the fingerprint, the earlier we can get the interview? Anyone has the experience with this? Thank you.

Please post interview details

As some of us have our interviews scheduled this week at Chicago office, please post your interview details on this thread.

Thanks,
chi_lin

Hi,All

I have my interview done on 11/03/04 at 11.00a.m. Chicago.Lady officer #9
was so f*****g rude can't believe it.One thing i noticed that these officer are so dumb.they don't know very much immigration laws.My attroney came from newyork. Officer asked him why u came from newyork?how did you know him? i never heard of you.What a silly questions are these?

I am working in a small company which owned by my inlaws and a am a 10%
share holder.I was worried that i have never worked for the company which sponsered me but she never asked me that question.Also when my attorney told her that we applied under AC-21.Lady said what?she didn't have any clue.any way she was keep asking about my original B.C.and why in your tax return of 2002 not showing 10% and 2003 you showed 10%.i told her that i bbought 10% in 2003 then she created new rfe for me right there and told me that send me a original B.c. and your employer 2002 tax return.
I had 2003 so i gave to her.one thing i noticed that you don't need a attorney in interview for sure.
Attorney is only good for fill out all forms and corresponds for rfe.
i am worried now since our corporation is not doing so good and last two2002,2003 showing negative cash flow after deprisatation.
is this gone a problem?
at last my attorney asked her that if we send these rfe back to you in your yellow envelope (she gave to us with her name& address)would be done.
She said should be ok but not gurentee.

Hi Taruwish -

Sorry to hear about this... I saw you yesterday with ur family and lawyer -

Even my interview ended up in a not so good taste. I don't know what is the Chicago. Lady officer number, but believe me, she was an African American and was very very rude. I don't want to post her name here.

I was there with my attorney... the officer seemed so upset at the attorney. Believe me, my attorney is a very well known respected person. She knows all the officers out there and this officer was a new hire.

She began by taking an oath, then took our passport ADIT pictures, EAD's and also our fingerprints.
She got all the documents from us, asked all the standard questions, looked at our marriage pictures and everything went well. But at the end she said I think I have got all the required documents and I will mail you an approval notice as soon as I finish off the background check. (How soon is soon?) She was not ready to stamp. To this my attorney said this is very unusual for an employment based immigration and the background check should have been done. Generally the officers stamp the passports after the interview, if the background check is all clear. And the background check is done during the interview. To this the officer said "To do a background check I need to check the system, and that takes time. I generally do it when I get a break...
"

Later that afternoon my attorney had a word with the officer again...And it was found that she didn't stamp any passports and did the same thing will all the others who were interviewed by the same officer. Ok - that’s understandable... everyone has their own way of doing things...But your way sucks....

Also, my attorney has 6 other interviews with different officers yesterday and everyone's passport got stamped.

Anyways, I am all confused as of now as to what to do. The attorney said that just wait and we will see whats to be done. I am going to talk to the attorney again tomorrow and ask these questions...

1) Now, if the immigration officer says that the approval notice would be mailed... the question is when ?

2) If my background check is still not complete (results awaited from FBI), then I am not going to get the approval. So the only way out if email FBI and find the current status.

3) If at all I get the approval notice, do I need to take the pictures again? My pictures are already with the officer and I am already fingerprinted.

Also, we had the presence of mind and took back our EAD's from her.

My spouse's EAD is gonna expire in about 4.5 months. I think I am going to apply for it...another pain....

Anyone else in the same boat ? Please help..

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, sorry to hear all this.
I knew someone who had his interview in Chicago over a year ago. He brought all the required papers by his appointment letter, and yet he got RFE for something else. Then he learned that the IO was no longer in staff as of next day, so he just left his papers at the office. He's been calling and checking and nothing so far.

Did you see what happened to my case?:
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149703

My wife and I had the same experience like the Boxerbai case, hoping to get the BC done sooner and get the decision mailed to us. The officer took everything from me and he did not take anything for my wife, including my finger print and said he did not complete my Background check. It was one of those bad days.

Thanks for sharing the same info which infact gives me some consolation that there is something going on in that center that they do things like this.

Hope they will decided on the cased like u and me.

Good luck.
GW

GreenWaiter - When were you interviewed and was it at Chicago local office ? Can you please post your details ?

Thanks,

Yes, Mine was yesterday Nov 4th. My case was filed in CSA in 2001 and did my 485 filed in Sep 02. Did my 2nd finger print in 08/04. Got the notice for interview and went to the interview hoping the 4 years of saga will be over. Looks like we need to wait for however longer it takes for them to get this BC done.

God know what this means.

Thanks
GW

We had our interview on Nov 4th @ 2:30 with our attorney. The officer was nice and after few standard questions approved our I485. Mine (primary) was directly approved by NSC and dependent was transferred to Chicago in July.

Fortunately we did not have any background issues. Goodluck to all.

Hi All

I heared people are waiting for 2 years still their background check has not been done so far ??!! Is that true????

Anyone knows how long it takes to get a interview letter??

Our case was transferred to chicago on september 22nd. Our Notice date in November 19th 2002. Does anyone know how long it takes to get an interview letter??

Thanks

Finally Approved -

Hi All,

Me and my wife finally got our approval letter on Friday 26th Nov through Certified mail. THe AD was 22nd NOV.

My interview was done on Nov 3rd at the Chicago local office. I have explained my interview experience in my previous message posting in this thread. The immigration officer needed some time to see if all out Background Checks were done.

Finally on 22nd Nov, my case got approved. Going to schedule a passport stamping appointment through Infopass.

Thanks a lot everyone for your help and support.

Please feel free to ask any questions. I will try my best to answer them

Here are my case details :

Mine -
PD - May 2001
I-485 RD - Aug 14th 2002
I-485 Transfer date to the local office - July 15th 2004
Interview Date - Nov 3rd 2004
Approval Date - Nov 22nd 2004

Spouse -

I-485 RD - Feb 2003
I-485 Transfer date to the local office - July 15th 2004
Interview Date - Nov 3rd 2004
Approve Date - Nov 22nd 2004

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
To Boxerbhai

Congratulations!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)
I know it must be a lots of relief particularly after GC interview...

Enjoy like the Man :D :D :D :D :D