Case transferred to Chicago Local office

As per my attorney, there is no need to do medical again.
And I-864 is for the family based petitions. W2 and Tax should work fine.

Thanks, ViV2 & Boxerbhai

My attorney told me same thing about 864.Also i don't have to take medical with me since i submitted originally.
But he never give me a good answer about petittioner matter.
Few members from this forum give me an idea that i don't have to take my employer with me. i am still :confused:

Case Transferred to Local Office Chicago

Hi Everbody

For me: RD/PD October 2002
EAD - Twice
AP- Twice

For my wife: (We got maried last year i.e. Nov 2003)
I-485 for my wife filed in Feb 2004.
Received EAD
Received AP

They transferred our case o local office yesterday. The online status of case shows as:
"On October 8, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in CHICAGO, IL for processing. Our office in CHICAGO, IL will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

Does anyody have a more clear idea on why my case have been transferred to local office in Chicago.

Is it normal for them to transfer cases to local offices.

I have also read somewhere that processing is very slow in Chicago office.

Any help/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks
:)

HELLO,adh597,

This is common don't worry.Usally all center NSC,TSC,CSC<VSC transfer
cases in their distric office if you have following reason.

Mostly common reason.

AFTER YOU APPLIED 485 IN CENTER IF YOU

1-Have changed your job-ac21 cases
2-Have married and apply for spouse
3-Have change addrees
4-Have applied under 245i
5-have chrged drinking & driving or criminal record
6-Have problem in finger print (not cleared)

you should get soon interview.Hanging there!Follow up this thread.

Thanks Taruwish

Hi Taruwish

Thanks for replying.

But in the online status they did not mention that they would call us for an interview.

Yeah I did change my address but filed form AR-11. And also I got married after my 485 had been pending for 14 months or so.

Is it a possibility that I would have to wait for another 14-15 months or so before Chicago office calls me or sends me their decision.

Thanks

Hi,Viv2

Best of luck!for interview.Please share ur interview experience.
Would you please let me know your interview letter also mention
that bring your petittoner.Thanks. :)

Got chicago appt. notice

We received appt. notice for the depenedent last week. Interview is scheduled for 11/4. Case was transfered to Chicago office on 7/26/04. RD 9/24/02.

The notice mentions all the points listed by fellow members of this forum. Looks like a standard notice that everyone recevies. Please share your interview experience.

Thanks,
Chi_lin

AC-21 issues with transfer

Do any of you guys with local office transfers have an AC-21 (i.e. change of employer after 180 days of I-485 filing) situation? I am wondering how that is impacted in the case of a local office transfer:
1. My attorney advised me not to worry about an AC-21 filing and instead wait for an RFE - should I do that?
2. Would the AC-21 informational letter now be needed to be submitted at the local office?
Please advise - the other way would be to carry the employer letter in the event of an interview notice, which I'm told is a certainty in the case of a Chicago transfer.
Thanks very much for your comments.

Hi,Deepdip

I don't know ur detail but they don't transfer cases to local office until they know about ur job change.AC-21.In your case you had never receieved rfe so in your file still have old job.May be there is another reason thay transfer
ur case see this thread for reasons.Any way you don't have to worry at all.You make sure when you go for interview must carry current employment letter with ac-21.They might asked tax form of ur new company so it's prove that new company has capable to pay yr salary as per L.C.If it is different salary(15-20%)other than L.C.it's not a big deal as long as same or similer job.

Best Luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Taruwish -

We need not worry about the medicals and I-864 for the interview. I confirmed this with my lawyer today.

Thanks,

Thanks,Boxerbhai,

I wasn't worry toomuch about that matters.My big concern was On interview
letter saying Pleaseappear with your petitioner on 11/3/2004 at 10:15:00 AM.Since i applied under 245i
i was nervous but few members of this forum advice that you don't have to take your employer with you.I hope so.

Finally Approved!!!

Guys,
We got approved after the interview in Chicago. Thank God.
I could feel the freedom in the heart and I couldn’t even eat properly due to the overwhelming happiness. Interview was very smooth. Questions were like our LKG standards. What is your DOB, fathers name, mother’s name, address. Basically he was going thru our I485 application and randomly asks the questions from the 485 form to double check and tick the form like a schoolmaster if the answer is correct. Something like he sees the date of marriage in the form and he ask you the question “when did you get married “ and verify it in the form again and put a “tick” there. But in between he asks some general questions like where did you meet your wife for the first time. He throws the questions very fast like 6 to 10 questions in 1 minute. If you stop the answer somewhere, he will throw the next question on the same topic.
Then he said “ I am going to verify the background check and if that looks good I will approve it today”. I was little scared. Then he looked into some paper document and said it is good. He took my index finger print in a document and asked me to sign in it. I carried the Blue colour pen but the signature should be in Black colour. So he gave me his pen. I signed with the document with trembling in the hand. Then I kept the pen in my packet. After some time he was searching for the pen and found it in my shirt and commented “Don’t steal my pen “. My lawyer laughed !!!!! Even I laughed for the first time during interview. Then he put the great permanent residence stamping in the passport and gave me an approval notice. Hihihihihihihihihi….Huhuhuhuhuhu……

Then he started my wife’s case. Same questions, DOB, marriage date. How did you know each other ? When did you meet first time ? I said it was an arranged marriage. He asked about arranged marriage. Did your parents know each other ? Are you relatives ? Are you living together ? have you married before this marriage ? Do you have any kids ? Then he verified the backgroung check report and stamped in her passport. Hihahahahahhahhhuuuuu……………

Then he asked “do you have any other questions “…..Hahahhahahhaha…

Again he commented “Don’t steal my pen “…and he came all the way out to show us the way.

Documents been asked for myself

1. Employment letter
2. W2 and Tax return
3. Original Birth certificate
4. Salary checks

Documents been asked for myself
1. Apartment Lease
2. Bank statement
3. Credit card statement
4. Health Insurance
5. Birth certificate

Questions been asked for myself

1. What is your Date of Birth?
2. Address
3. Date of last entry into US
4. Are you with the same employer from that date ?
5. Did you go outside USA after that date.
6. What is your job?

Finally the long wait is over.

Guys, if you have any questions, please let me know. I will reply it ASAP.

BEST OF LUCK TO ALL !!!!!

Congrats Viv2 - and Thanks a lot for posting a detailed message of your interview experience.

Also Viv2, can you please let us know what was the lawyer's role in the interview process ?

To boxerbhai

Sitting behind us and watch the interview. She responded one time when my wife couldn't find the correct word regarding her job. But lot of moral support before the interview. She said strongly that "we are going to get the green card for you today". That gave me lot of confidence before the interview.
After the interview I took her to a nice restaurant. :D :D

viv2 - mind if I ask who was your lawyer ? Is it a Chicago based law firm ?

Its ok if you don't want to disclose it.

Anyways, Congrats again and thanks for the prompt reply.

Thanks,

Dates moved Backward!!!

Oh no - the Chicago office actually moved their dates back 4 months - they now say they are processing June 2002.
I was sitting here thinking I'd get an interview letter in 2-3 months (my RD is Oct 2002 - now it looks like it is going to be much longer - 6/7 months.