Case transferred to Chicago Local office

Spoke to my lawyer -

The lawyer says that the dates in the local office is indeed Aug 25th 2002. They have got some approvals/interviews from the local office for the Receipt Dates in June and July 2002.

The lawyer also expects that it might take maybe 2 more months for my case to be processed at the local office.

Lets wait and watch... Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Hi, boxerbhai

I hope I didn't understand your post incorrectly. You mean actually Chicago office deals interview case based on the RD of 485, not TD, right? Because my case was transfered to Philadelphia two days ago, but I will change my job and move to Illinois next month. I heard Chicago is very slow in interviewing transfer case because it is almost one year slower than Philly. But in Philly, you still have to wait for almost 12 months to get interview though their date is May 15/2003. I guess they process it on TD. If what you said is true, I really would like to push Philly local to transfer my case to Chicago.

thank you for your inputs.

boxerbhai said:
Spoke to my lawyer -

The lawyer says that the dates in the local office is indeed Aug 25th 2002. They have got some approvals/interviews from the local office for the Receipt Dates in June and July 2002.

The lawyer also expects that it might take maybe 2 more months for my case to be processed at the local office.

Lets wait and watch... Will keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Hi windseeker,

Chicago office is definitely slow. But all the details I have posted are from what I heard from my lawyer and also after reading the other archives. On the positive side, user taruwish in this post has his case touched by the local Chicago office. His RD is 03/12/2002 and ND is 04/01/2002 - here is the link

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=134603

I really don't have a real life example or a post where someone's case has been approved recently depending on the Receipt date after the local office transfer.

I will definitely let you know if any updates happen with my case. I hope I don't have to wait another 1 year.

But to be frank, I am unable to tell you if Chicago office is processing cases faster than Philli office and also the interview calls. It's all one big mystery...

Thanks,

boxerbhai said:
Hi windseeker,

Chicago office is definitely slow. But all the details I have posted are from what I heard from my lawyer and also after reading the other archives. On the positive side, user taruwish in this post has his case touched by the local Chicago office. His RD is 03/12/2002 and ND is 04/01/2002 - here is the link

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=134603

I really don't have a real life example or a post where someone's case has been approved recently depending on the Receipt date after the local office transfer.

I will definitely let you know if any updates happen with my case. I hope I don't have to wait another 1 year.

But to be frank, I am unable to tell you if Chicago office is processing cases faster than Philli office and also the interview calls. It's all one big mystery...

Thanks,

Hi, boxerbhai

Thank you very much. It is very strange that the transferers in Chicago area. I saw a lot of posts about the transfered cases in Chicago, but all before March 2004. Since then, this thread almost died. I don't know if they all get approved or they are just so tired of waiting. We should keep this thread alive.

RD -03/12/2002
ND - 04/01/2002
AP-NEVER APPLIED
3RD EAD CURRENTELY
RFE RECEIEVED FROM NSC-03/19/2004
RFE RECEIEVED BY NSC - 06/08/2004
CASE TRANSFERED TO LOCAL(CHICAGO)-07/10/2004

I was wondering that when service center transfered our file are local office send you any letter or confirmaion? But in my case i know that local office get my file and opened

i just 07/22/04 received a letter from chicago office for finger print.Strenge thing is we have done twice finger print thru nsc 05/29/2002 and 12/16/2003.
this time chicago office sent for my daughter.Her D.O.B.is 03/19/1990 :confused:

i have two question For finger print how old should be? another is when nsc sent me rfe that time they could do FP for my daughter.i had rfe for EVL,B.C. for my kids. :confused:

well,positive matter is that local office opened my file within less than 15
days.May be my RD is 03/12/2002.and they working on august-2002.

Same boat - Case transferred to local office

Just found out that my spouses case has been transferred to Chicago office. My case got approved last week (Primary). Online status changed saying the case has been transferred to local office and they will send a letter.

RD 9/02.

I guess we'll have to wait little longer for Chicago's date to get to September 02. Let's all hope for the best!!

taruwish said:
RD -03/12/2002
ND - 04/01/2002
AP-NEVER APPLIED
3RD EAD CURRENTELY
RFE RECEIEVED FROM NSC-03/19/2004
RFE RECEIEVED BY NSC - 06/08/2004
CASE TRANSFERED TO LOCAL(CHICAGO)-07/10/2004

I was wondering that when service center transfered our file are local office send you any letter or confirmaion? But in my case i know that local office get my file and opened

i just 07/22/04 received a letter from chicago office for finger print.Strenge thing is we have done twice finger print thru nsc 05/29/2002 and 12/16/2003.
this time chicago office sent for my daughter.Her D.O.B.is 03/19/1990 :confused:

i have two question For finger print how old should be? another is when nsc sent me rfe that time they could do FP for my daughter.i had rfe for EVL,B.C. for my kids. :confused:

well,positive matter is that local office opened my file within less than 15
days.May be my RD is 03/12/2002.and they working on august-2002.

Did you get email for when case was transfered to Chicago? Or was it a letter to you/attorney? How about you rfe, how did you get notified?

I-140 AD 12/23/2001
I-485 RD 01/24/2002
FP1 03/23/2002
FP2 11/01/2003
3 EAD (don't have the dates) approved
No RFE
Tracker messages last updated 01/21/2003 regarding the FP1
No messages changes regarding FP2
No notification that case was transferred to local office

My Case Transferred to Dallas TX

Just Now I got email from USCIS with following status

Current Status:

On July 26, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in DALLAS, TX for processing. Our office in DALLAS, TX will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Please share your experience about Dallas , TX office and also processing date for I 485 at Dallas for RD Dec 2003 , so how they will pick up my case because my case RD 09/2002 . Please share your comments.

https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/officeProcesstimes.jsp?selectedOffice=24

taruwish -

Can you please let us know if your LUD (last update date) on the CIS case status web site changed after the local transfer ? Just want to make sure that the local office has definitely touched your case.

Thanks,

Hellow,npnjano2 & Boxerbhai,

I receieved a email 0n july/14/04 that on july/10/04 ur file has been transfered to local office chicago.(cis updated same day) Receieved a letter myself & attorney both on 07/15/04 about transfered.After that on cis same message.

For rfe same thing 03/19/04 receieved email (cis updated same day) that we sent rfe for you.03/24/04 Receieved a letter myself & attorney both. rfe was for evl and bc for kids.On 05/28/04 my attorney sent reply for rfe 06/10/04 receieved email that 0n06/08/04 we receieved your reply same message 500 days

Last edited by a moderator:
taruwish said:
Hellow,npnjano2 & Boxerbhai,

I receieved a email 0n july/14/04 that on july/10/04 ur file has been transfered to local office chicago.(cis updated same day) Receieved a letter myself & attorney both on 07/15/04 about transfered.After that on cis same message.

For rfe same thing 03/19/04 receieved email (cis updated same day) that we sent rfe for you.03/24/04 Receieved a letter myself & attorney both. rfe was for evl and bc for kids.On 05/28/04 my attorney sent reply for rfe 06/10/04 receieved email that 0n06/08/04 we receieved your reply same message 500 days

I see, thanks.
Do you know other people with 245(i)? As I can't see many with approvals or not.

Mine was also transfered to Chicago on April 2, 2004 (RD 05/28/02)
after replying to employment RFE. I'm under 245i. Still no news.....
Just today found out that 3rd EAD approved....

Second FP for spouse was done today

Second FP for spouse was done today -

We received the FP notice letter from the Chicago local office and we had One week to get the FP done. (Tuesday through Saturday). It was a totally different looking FP notice compared to what we generally get from NSC.

So looks like Chicago local office has actually touched our case after the transfer from NSC.