Case transferred to Chicago Local office

boxerbhai

Banned
Hi all,
Our on-line messages says that our case have been transfered to Local INS Chicago Office, both Primary and dependent.. Does anyone have this experience? And how long usually take to schedule an interview? What will they ask? We are the Employment base application, no job change over the years??

Really need your advice? Thanks

i am in same boat

:confused:
I received a letter from CIS. It stated that for the speed processing we are sending your to Chicago office. They will send you a letter. I don't know long it will take. My RD is March 12, 2002. My ND is 1st April 2002. I'm on 3rd EAD. They sent me RFE on March 19, 2004. They recieved back on June 8, 2004. I'm almost ready to approve and at last they sent my file to Chicago. I hope they send me interview letter or approve letter. :confused:

taruwish said:
:confused:
I received a letter from CIS. It stated that for the speed processing we are sending your to Chicago office. They will send you a letter. I don't know long it will take. My RD is March 12, 2002. My ND is 1st April 2002. I'm on 3rd EAD. They sent me RFE on March 19, 2004. They recieved back on June 8, 2004. I'm almost ready to approve and at last they sent my file to Chicago. I hope they send me interview letter or approve letter. :confused:

taruwish,
When did u receive the notice saying that your case had been transfer to Chocago office? My RFE issued and received date are similar to your.

Boxerbhai,
Can you post your detail please? :rolleyes:

Here are my details -

I-485 RD - 08/12/2002
I-485 ND - 08/14/2002

First FP - 23rd Sept 2002
Second FP - 26th May 2004

Added Spouse's I-485 in Feb 2003

Didn't receive any RFE yet.

Currently on second EAD which is going to expire on July 29th. Applied for 3rd EAD on April 12th 2004. Got Interim EAD from Chicago local office on 14th July which is valid for 3 month.

Both me and my spouses Case Transferred to Local Chicago office on July 15th 2004. Haven't received any receipt/letter yet from Local Chicago office.

vcorcl/taruwish - Two questions for you -

1) Currently I see that the Chicago Office is processing I-485 cases from August 25th 2002. SO does that mean our cases might get touched soon ??

2) Also, what is the RD/ND for the local office ? Is that the Transfer date or is it the RD that we filed with NSC ?

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Transfer To Local Office Chicago

I don't have any clue what date local office will count.I was looking at rypnet.com and few people have shared there experience but it makes me sad that local office doesn't count Rd Or ND.When your file trnsfered TD that is your date. my case has been transfered on July,102004 and i received a notice fron cis on july 15 2004.So my TD is 07/15/04.that is priority date i guess as per those guys from rupnet which is scarry.Do I have to wait another two years i hope not. :confused: :confused:

boxerbhai,

My case was transferred to CSC with same kind of case.
RD : 08/2004
3EAD,2FP,
06/2004 - Transferred to CSC office not local office.
Still working with Same employer and on H1B.
RFE ??
AD ??

I think randomly they transfer case to local office. In my case because of Multiple Address changes ( 2 ). But see the case of peace of mind same as mine move to CA same state but his case does not transferred instead they generate RFE.
Weired USCIS ? No way to guess their logic

does that mean it would be a right decision for NOT getting married? :confused: :confused: :confused:

good luck to u all!

As per my Knowledge Only Following Reason They will transfer your CaSE TO lOCAL OFFICE

iF YOU Married after apllied 485

If you cahnge your Employer after applied 485

If you subimit your medical report after applied 485

If you are 245i case such as L.C. Applied Before 04/30/2001.

If you change your permenant address after applied 485

If you have a criminal record(Doesn't matter minor or BIg )

If you have police ticket Drinking & Driving.

If you onf of above reason then they want to interview and check promptly.

that is why they transfer to local office so they can check

I just went to the Chicago local office to find out whats going on (11:00am CST) -

1) When i asked the lady at the counter, all she did was gave me a status enquiry form. She asked me to fill it up and wait. The wait time was almost 3 hours. She was not willing to answer any questions and said wait for your number. I had no intention to wait for 3 hours.

2) As I got in, I decided to check few notice boards. There I saw a notice which had the current dates the local office of chicago is processing. I was shocked to see that the Date put out there for INterviews/Approvals was 08/27/2001. Yes...2001. (and its printed that its the average processing time at that office along with the dates for 2 other locations - Indianapolis, etc.) I have no clue how old the notice is or if it is current. I tried to search for the posted date of the notice, but couldn't find it. Its possible that I might have missed it.

If somone else wants to confirm they can please do. After you go through the Information/Forms counter on the 2nd floor, take a right. The notice is at the corner opposite to the counters, just where one takes a right to go to the restroom.

Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
boxerbhai said:
I just went to the Chicago local office to find out whats going on (11:00am CST) -

1) When i asked the lady at the counter, all she did was gave me a status enquiry form. She asked me to fill it up and wait. The wait time was almost 3 hours. She was not willing to answer any questions and said wait for your number. I had no intention to wait for 3 hours.

2) As I got in, I decided to check few notice boards. There I saw a notice which had the current dates the local office of chicago is processing. I was shocked to see that the Date put out there for INterviews/Approvals was 08/27/2001. Yes...2001. (and its printed that its the average processing time at that office along with the dates for 2 other locations - Indianapolis, etc.) I have no clue how old the notice is or if it is current. I tried to search for the posted date of the notice, but couldn't find it. Its possible that I might have missed it.

If somone else wants to confirm they can please do. After you go through the Information/Forms counter on the 2nd floor, take a right. The notice is at the corner opposite to the counters, just where one takes a right to go to the restroom.

Thanks,

BoxerBhai: Sorry to hear about the case transfer. Did they tell you what date they are processing. I dont think you will need to wait another 3 years. It just doesnt make sense. I am also in Chicago area and am now getting concerned as I did an address change. I was thinking that once case gets transferred to local office it will probably get delayed by about 6 motnhs at the most. Judging by your post it can be considerably longer.

If that is the case then you should try talkin to local congressman and see if he can help you.

puneet_gcard - They never told me what dates they are processing. All I saw was that notice display. I have no clue if thats the current one. Also, the web sites say that they are currently processing Aug 25th, 2002 cases. I hope it doesnt take another 2-3 years. Maybe in a few days, I am going to contact the local congressman as you suggested.

Thanks,

atlantabhopali said:
While I hope it is not true, I have to say I would not be surprised. Atlanta local office is still processing May 2001 cases.. See: http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=127977

Goodluck! Please keep us posted.

-ab
Hmmm. That is really bad news. I think BoxerBHai will need to dig thru the archives and see if anyone else has had their file transferred to Chicago local office. That will give a good idea as to what the wait time is. But this is really scary news and looks like a case transfer could happen to potentially anyone.

Just the INS way of adding more suffering to 485 filers..

Ohhhh.. Atlanta office seems to be worse... The web site shows that its processing July 2001 RD cases. Whereas for Chicago it shows they are processing August 2002 RD cases. God knows whats going on...

boxerbhai said:
Ohhhh.. Atlanta office seems to be worse... The web site shows that its processing July 2001 RD cases. Whereas for Chicago it shows they are processing August 2002 RD cases. God knows whats going on...

Well since you are also an August filer then this should not be that bad news for you. They should be quite close to processing your case then. I checked the website and to me it seems like they go by RD and not transfer date. Dig thru some archives here or at Rupnet and try and gauge an idea as to what they go by. Keep us informed as well.

puneet_gcard - Looks like they do go by the receipt date.( from the archives) Hope what you says is true that I am pretty close. :)

Maybe if I don't hear anything for the next month and if the dates change and go further then I plan on doing a status enquiry.

Thanks again,

:mad:
Today I talk to my lawyer. I asked him about local office proceesing time.
He said that ones your case trnsfered from any service center to local office
you can't really trace any more your case.
NO RD OR TD just wait.........Wait...
As per lawyer knowledge they don't work with any date for transered cases.
They might put only one officer part time for transfered cases.I hope my lawyer is a lyer. :mad:

taruwish said:
:mad:
Today I talk to my lawyer. I asked him about local office proceesing time.
He said that ones your case trnsfered from any service center to local office
you can't really trace any more your case.
NO RD OR TD just wait.........Wait...
As per lawyer knowledge they don't work with any date for transered cases.
They might put only one officer part time for transfered cases.I hope my lawyer is a lyer. :mad:

Thanks for sharing the info. Well on the positive side atleast it does not mean that they go by the Transfer Date. So a person does not need to wait another 2 years after the case gets transferred. If what your lawyer is saying is true then maybe congressional help might speed up the processing of the case for BoxerBhai.

Is there a way to tell that the file is physically transferred to the local office ? I only received a letter from NSC stating the the case is transferred to the local office. No correspondence yet from the local Chicago office.

Does anybody know how long does it take for the actual file transfer ? Or is there a way to check that from the local office ?

My RD is Aug 14th, 2002 and currently the date shown on the web site for the Chicago local office 485 processing is Aug 25, 2002. I will wait for the local office processing time to further go ahead and once it passes Sept 14th, I plan to do an enquiry (If i dont hear anything from them)

Thanks,