Case transferred to Boston, MA

toughdba

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My case and My Wife's case has been transferred to the local INS office in Boston, MA. I checked the Online case status today (1/7/2003) and it said on 1/6/2003 the case has been transferred to local office. My details are as follows.

On January 6, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BOSTON, MA for processing. Our office in BOSTON, MA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283. To receive information about local office processing times.

Service center : NSC.
Filed for 485 from : NJ
Moved to MA By : March 2002

RD : 8/17/2001
ND : 9/24/2001
AP/EAD : Sometime in November 2001
FP : 01/31/2002
Second EAD/AP : November 2002
RFE : November 22nd 2002
RFE for employment verification and Status verification.
RFE recieved by INS and online status updated by December 19th.
Case transferred to local INS Boston, MA on 1/6/2003

Waiting for the correspondence to come through from NSC and the Interview letter from Boston INS.

Gurus, Please give me some info on :

1. How long will Boston, MA take to send an interview letter.
2. Anyone else in similar boat where case got transferred to Boston ?
3. Interview experience in Boston
4. List of documents to carry for Interview (When it comes)

Thanks in Advance.

Toughdba.

Last edited by a moderator:
I may have the same situation. I filed i-485 from a state under NSC and have moved (due to change of employment) to Boston. My worry is that my case will also be transferred to Boston.

I heard that it might take at least 6 months to schedule an interview in Boston. From searching the internet, I learned that for some people it took 9 months (there were lucky ones. Some other people took only 2 months).

Not sure if it will be a certainty if you move out of a service center, they will transfer you for a local interview.

Did you notify NSC about your move to MA?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. I had notified INS after I moved to MA. I sent the AR-11 for both myself and my wife and my Lawyer sent the letter to NSC. NSC had updated their database and I verified this by calling IIO. I got my new EAD/AP also to my new addresss.

Takes 3 months+

In my case it took more than 3 months (15 feb to 20 Jun) for files to just arrive at new location from TSC to NSC. Then they again go back into the queue at new location.

Anyway, I am among the most fucked up. Filed I-485 just after 9/11, then the messes of INS and HSD stuff, plus job change to a different center.