Case transferred to Boston for interview on 06/26

sp2sgi

Registered Users (C)
Case transferred to Boston for interview on 06/26 (Updated: EB2 NIW self-sponsor)

Hi, Guys:

After long waiting, finally get an interview notice on 06/26/03. My RD is 11/29/2001 and transferred date is 03/17/2003. My case is a self-sponsored NIW (EB2) case.

From the notice, I don't see documents except passports, and I-94. Anyone who has similiar expreience as my case can provide suggestions?

I will update my information lively. Good luck to us all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose 6/26/03 is your interview date. Could you tell when you get the interview notice from Boston office? Actually, it is faster than I had expected, I was told it will take at least 6 monthes for Boston office to schedule you for interview. My friend took 7 monther to get the notice. You may need to prepare employment letter, pay stab, W-2, income tax, and all I140, I485 application documents. Do not panic, it usually take 15 - 20 minutes, most are routine question. You may get the PP after immediate interview.

My case was transferred to Boston on May 19, I am waiting for the interview schedule for them. My case is also self sponsor NIW, and change job twice. It could be my reason get transferred. Anyway, these days, about 80% NIW are got rfe or transfer.

Good Luck. ;)

I got online message of the transfer date is 03/17/2003. I got a letter from Boston BCIS on 05/22/2003. The interview date is 06/26/2003.

My PD date is 11/29/2003 and first fingerprint is 02/27/2002 and the second one will be the early of June.

GCQ:

Did you inform of job changes to the INS? I guess yours was transferred because VSC seems to transfer all NIW-cases for interviews. What is your RD?

Thank you.

My information is: RD: 12-18-01, ND: 1-2-02, FP: 3-7-02. I may need redo the finger print, it will expire soon.

Sp2sgi:

When did you get request for second finger print? From Vermont or Boston office? Since my finger print date is close to yours, I may have to it again.

Response to previous question, I did not inform INS for the job changes. NIW does not limit job change.

i disagree, jigesh.

case transfer is random, and no gc lawyers agreed all the NIW cases are transfered to local BCIS office these days.

i may be wrong but...

Originally posted by jigesh
GCQ:

Did you inform of job changes to the INS? I guess yours was transferred because VSC seems to transfer all NIW-cases for interviews. What is your RD?

Thank you.

GCQ:

My first fingerprint is 02/27/03. I got the request of 2nd fingerprint from local Boston BCIS together with the notice of interview.

keep this thread alive

Hi sp2sgi, thanks for your very infomative postings and let keep this thread alive since my case (NIW,RD 12/03/2001) also got transferred to Boston Office last weekdend. Will post the details
soon after the arrival of the notice. Thanks.

Originally quoted by minammmmmm

"i disagree, jigesh.

case transfer is random, and no gc lawyers agreed all the NIW cases are transfered to local BCIS office these days.

i may be wrong but..."

I would love to disagree with myself as mine too is an NIW case!! Although transfers are supposed to be random, the posted data on various forums regarding NIW cases make NIW-transfers far from even being pseudo-random and very close to certainty!

I live in NY and NY BCIS local office typically takes 8-10 months for interviews. My RD is Feb/2002 and am expecting a transfer just because of this this trend - though lawyers may not agree. Anyway, I have given up on getting approved in 2003.

Best wishes,

Jigesh

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also waiting foe the Interview letter from Boston office. My case was transfered to Boston office from VSC on 5/9/03. Mine is AC21 case (Future employment GC).

RD:11/30/01
TD: 05/09/03
ID: ???

bostonFish

bostonFish, did you get letter from Vermont or Boston office about the case transfer notice ? My case was transferred on May 19, I am still waiting for notice.

GCQ
RD: 12/18/01
ND: 1/02/02
TD: 5/19/03

This morning I came to Boston BCIS for the 2nd finger print. It seems very quickly you get done. We arrived around 7:30AM and we left around 9:30 AM. They have added several machines there. But the sampling seems hard to pass.

I will update my interview after I finish.

Good luck to all!

My wife just got her 2nd EAD. We first sent his application to VSC. After one month, they transferred it to local Boston office. Then after another month, Boston BCIS sent a letter for EAD interview. This morning, after a long time waiting in line, she got EAD.

Do rhode Islanders also go to Boston

Just an academic question to all boston people....do people who have moved to or file from rhode island go to boston for interview (if there is one). Did you meet any such people during your visit to the boston office. I did not see any separate district office for rhode island and was wondering what happens to Rhode Islanders :confused:

Hi, Guys:

I just finished the interview.

RESULT:

Basically, it is OK and spent around 40 min. for both my wife and I. The officer said my case is ok, but he cannot make decision because the background check has not been finished and also no visa number available.

MATERIALS:

Passports, Visas, I-94s, EADs, SSNs, the original birth certificates, marriage licenses, three years tax returns, W-2s, all previous INS approval notices. In addition, you should bring recent your paycheck stubs and employment letter stating your position and salary. The employment letter should also state in one or two sentences your current research.

PROCESS:

Arrive at JFK at 8:55 and passed security check at no time. Then sent the I89 (from them) and notice to offices and wait. Our scheduled time is 10:00Am and we started around that time.
The officer is from asian and he is very careful. We signed a paper to waiver no lawyer and sweared. He took a hugh folder of all my application amterials and checked one by one. Also, ask me questions like work, passport, children, birthday, SSN, I-94(was taken offf), employment letter and paystub(was taken off) and some questions on the forms we filled before, like deport, terriest, crime and so on. We all said no.
Finally, he said my case is ok. BUT since the background check result has not arrived, he couldn't make a decision. Also, he need the visa number for the final GC. When I asked how long, he said don't know.
Then my wife, similar questions, like marriage certificate, passport, ead, employment letter/pay stub (was taken off), and I94 (was taken off). He said her case is ok but due to my case, he couldn't make a decision either. He said we will receive a letter after all done about the case. Then we left at 10:40AM.

SUGGESTIONS:

(1) take all materials you have for GC application;

(2) Take same materials as you applied, like birth/marriage certificates.

(3) Don't arrive too early. One hour ahead is enough (except you shecuduled time is before 9:00AM).

(4) Wear formal and be confident. Don't be nervous.

Good Luck to all!