case transferred. Have questions

Vagif

Registered Users (C)
Hi. My case was transferred Oct 21, 2003 to local LA office (online message).
I have some questions on what to do next.
WAC 01-297-5xxxx
ND: Sep 28, 2001
RFE: may 2003
RFE answer: August 2003
Have sent 2 fax inquires after that. On first one got fax answer that they are working on religious workers sunset till october 1.
Second one was sent a few days ago, and looks like it caused case transfer.

Questions.
1. Online message says: "On October 21, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LOS ANGELES, CA for processing."

Does it mean LA office, or could also be Santa Ana office ? Santa Ana office is much closer to me. Is it possible to find it out without visiting la office ? (phone, email etc.)

2. How long does it takes for documents to arrive to office ? Should I give them 2 weeks, before I start talking to them ?

I'm also worried about my address change. I sent them AR-11 and also called INS and notified them to update my case docs. But I never got any confirmation on that.

I hope, if they did not update my address in case docs, i will be able to correct it by visiting local office.

3. How long usually it takes to get interview apointment ? I've read in this forum - about 6 months or more, but I would like to hear from people, who got it much earlier.

Thank you huys for the great forum you have. Very helpful.
Good luck everyone.

Mine got transfered on July . So far no news I went and applied for EAD extension. After a month I got the EAd . Did you case transfer from CAS or any other service center.

>>>Did you case transfer from CAS
If you mean CSC, yes.

BTW yesterday got fax answer on my second fax request.
It said: "Cases beyond JIT are currently beeing pooled for adjustication"

Stupid answer, cause mine got transferred, not adjusticated.

Yes, I mean CSC. Mine got transfered from VSC to LA office.
If the message says LA office that means your case will be in LA office only . Any way you can go and check at the office.

case transfer

can you tell us exactly what the message is.
in my case on 5/30/2003 transfered to local LA office for interview it takes several months,in 9/19/2003 trasfer back to CSC .
9/30/2003 transfer to an office in los angeles CA for processing that office has jurisdiction over the case. they will send you a written dicision as soon as processing is complete.
after 5 days i got a letter [notice of action] to notify me that my case has been trasfered.
but my wife she got the same notice &after 45 days in10/28/2003 they transfer the case back to CSC.

Here's my message:
On October 21, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in LOS ANGELES, CA for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Same message with same date for my wife and 2 kids.

I got confirmation on case transfer. It was sent to my old address.
Despite the fact that I notified BCIS about address change.
I'm going to LA office tomorrow. I hope i will be able to change address there.

Hard luck.
After staying in a queue i've been told that computer system is down. Come next time. The only thing i could find out is that my docs are in LA office.
I will have to go there again, to change my address and to ask them what is going on with it.

Vagif,
what was the message in the transfer notice ? Does it say anything like to speed your case we have transfered to LA office ?

Thanks

Here's message on my transfer notice:

This is to notify you that we have transferred the above application to INS office at ....
We transferred this case because the record indicates that office has jurisdiction over the case. That office will notify you of subsequent action taken on this case. Any further inquires should be made to this office.

Do not know what is the status of my case.
Got 2-nd fingerprint notice for me and my wife. Did it allready.
Luckily my lawyer called me and notified about fingerprint appointment. Because i did not get any notice about it from INS.
I think they sent it to my old address and it get lost.
Called to 800 INS number to change address. They said because case was transfered to local office i should mail them (local office)request for address change. Gonna do it tomorrow.

Today I got a call from my lawyer.
He said that that my interview is scheduled for March 11.

They asked for:
- This Letter, your passport, Your I-94
- Current Letter Of Employment showing rate of pay and hours per week
- Last 2 years income tax, earning statement for past 3 months
- Birth certificate (translation) for my daughter (did not ask for my son, do not know why)
---------------------
They also said that i must bring originals with 1 set of copy of each document.

new transfer case

Vagif:

I hope you good luck on March 11th.

I am a new comer to this topic.
My case was transferred from CSC to San Jose local office on Feb. 27.

Could you please advise on:

--- where can I find information of "case stutus", "waiting line" of the local office?
--- Is it useful to "visiting the local office" for case status?

Best Regards