Case transferred from VSC to LA,CA

gcslowgoer

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My wife and son applied I-485 with a receipt date of 1/11/2002 at that time we were staying in Detroit, MI. Last year we came to LA,CA, our case got transferred to Detroit INS, after informing them about our current location they transferred our case to LA,CA.

Today we got a appointment letter from LA, CA to appear for an interview. The fact that is bothering me is they checked the box which says 'Medical Exams Result form I-693 appear even if not completed'.

At the time of filing the case, we already submitted the medical report along with other documents. Can anybody share their experience or any suggestions.

Thanks in advance guys.

Help me please GURUS !!!!

Also what are the common outcomes of Local INS interview ? In most of the cases, does it mean approval ?

Thanks again.

Hi gcslowgoer,

I went for a local INS interview in LA on 8/16/04 and my I-485 was approved.

The INS officer that conducted my interview was very nice, all the questions that she asked were pretty strightfoward and we did seem to have satisfactory answers. Also we were represented by an attorney. The only problem was due to the missing vaccination supplement in the I-693 sealed packet from the doctor's office. We made a quick trip to the doctor's office to get th I-693 supplement that they had apparently forgotten to include with the medical exam.

Take all the documents that INS is requesting for your interview, take the original and a copy. I also submitted my medical exam at the time of filing my case. I also got a RFE and again I had to submitted the form I-693. For my interview again INS requested the form I-693, so I went to the doctor's office and requested a most recent copy of my medical exam I-693. they gave me the copy in a sealed envelope and that's what I took to my interview.

Good luck.

-Sweet

Thanks for you reply Sweet,

My attorney told me that as we have already submitted the medical envelop for both my wife and son, we don't have to re-submit the same. Just because we haven't received the RFE and the attorney also told me that normally while sending the interview letter the clerk checks all the boxes without checking already received or not.

What is your take on that ?

Thanks.

gcslower,

I don't know about that, but when I went for my interview, the INS officer asked me for all the docs. that they had previously requested in the interview letter that they sent me.
My opinion is that if you can get a copy of the medical exam form I-693 in a sealed envelope from your doctor's office take it with you to the interview, you wil be in a safer position. My attorney told me to take all the documents that INS requested for my interview even though I had alredy submitted them.

Sweet

Chandra,

We got the interview letter last Friday 8/20/04, the interview is schedule on 9/27.

What about you ? Have you already submitted medical results both at the time of I-485 filing and local INS interview ?

Please let me know.

thanks.

gcslowgoer,
I did not get any interview letter so far!. I have submitted medical form along with the 485 application.