Case transferred for appointment

pkafir

Registered Users (C)
My case was transferred to the local office in NEWARK AND TETERBORO, NJ today, to schedule and conduct my interview. I was sort of expecting that, since my case is EB1-EA.

I have a couple of questions. First, my fingerprinting report is expiring in a couple of days (Aug 17). If it expires, then would I be called in for a second fingerprinting appointment? The second question is that this comes at a real bad time. I hope that the local office doesn't schedule the appointment in four to five weeks from now, because I'm going on vacations. Being stingy (aka desi), I'd bought my tickets from the internet, and they can't be returned. So how long does it take for that particular local office to schedule an appointment for an interview? If they schedule the appointment during that period, can I have it moved to a later or even an earlier date? What happens if I miss the appointment?

-p

RD: 01.17.02
ND: 01.31.02
FP: 05.17.02

Just a note, sometimes eventhough they say that the internet tickets cannot be changed, they can be. Call the airline and find out.

it should probably take around 2 months for your interview.

So if you're going on vacation in 4-5 weeks, you'll be ok. Unless of course you're going away for more than a week!

based on posts on this web, you have to return your interview letter right away back to the issuing office to make another appointment. You have to explain convincingly your reason for rescheming the appointment date. i donot know business trips can be counted as a good reason for this. Good luck
NIW

Originally posted by niwniw
based on posts on this web, you have to return your interview letter right away back to the issuing office to make another appointment. You have to explain convincingly your reason for rescheming the appointment date. i donot know business trips can be counted as a good reason for this. Good luck
NIW

This is not a business trip. Its a pleasure trip. It should surely count, shouldn't it?!?

-p

Unhappy aliens do not make good citizens. Good enough reason for rescheduling, in my opinion.

-p

Last edited by a moderator:
the problem here is neither u nor I decide what is a good reason for rescheduling. Save ur arguments for the INS officers.