Case transferee\'s please respond

AquaLung

Registered Users (C)
If your case was transferred by VSC to a local INS office, could you please answer the following questions?

1. Was your case transferred before finger printing or after?

2. If your case was transferred after finger printing, how long after FP did it happen?

3. Did you receive any RFE from VSC before the case was transferred?

4. Did you receive any RFE from VSC or local INS after your case was transferred?

5. How long since the transfer have you been waiting for approval?

To cope with the demand, it is very likely that VSC might transfer cases to other service centers in this fiscal year.

No Title

1. Was your case transferred before finger printing or after?
    Before

2. If your case was transferred after finger printing, how long after FP did it happen?
   FP was 2 Months after transfer

3. Did you receive any RFE from VSC before the case was transferred?
    No

4. Did you receive any RFE from VSC or local INS after your case was transferred?
    No

5. How long since the transfer have you been waiting for approval?
    Approved late September

No Title

My case was transfereed 4 months after finger printing.
What is RFE? I haven\'t recieved anything like that :) I did recieve a written transfer notice.

My cas was transferred about three weeks ago.. not yet approved.

No Title

My case was transferred to NYC on Sept. 7, 2000, three months after fingerprints. Any idea long does it take to get approved?

No Title

There are many cases which are transferred. It depends on the
place. Hold on until at least 6 months.

No Title

Newark transfers take more than 6 months. There are a few waiting at Newark since April, & till date no interview has been scheduled. If anyone in Newark has been interviewed pl post details.

No Title

Folks,

thanks for responding to my questions, I was trying to see of there is any pattern for case transfers but there doesn\'t seem to be.

e.g. I was under the impression that local INS office with less work pressure would be candidate for case transfer but then that\'s not true for newark or nyc.

so far, it looks like transferred cases don\'t get RFE\'s, but correct if this isn\'t right.

and as always, talking to a senator/congressman helps.

No Title

1. After
2. Transferred 5 months after FPing..
3. Yes
4. No
5. Case Transferred 2 days back..

No Title

I thought I\'ll throw my case into the mix and see if it sheds any new light.

I got an RE in June 2000, and responded to it. It was the usual employment letter/pay stubs/W-2/tax returns type of RE.
My case got transferred to the local office in New ark in late August, 2000 for an interview to be scheduled.

I made a visit to the local office in November and spoke to an II. She said that I should be called in for an interview within 2
months. True to her word, I did get an interview call for January 2001. I don\'t know if my visit to the local office or my early
I-485 receipt date (Nov. 1998) that helped in getting an interview within 5 months.

The II also gave me an appointment to do fresh fingerprints (my second set), which I did soon after. Also, with the interview
letter, I got a new set of medical forms, which I plan on doing (again for the second time) before the interview.

I am plenty nervous about my interview. If you have been following the thread: "Consulting company-->Client company-->???"
then you would know details about my case. As the subject implies, I am working currently for the client company but sponsored
by the consulting company, and hoping that no extensive redo is ordered after the interview.

No Title

when did you get the interview letter & what date is your interview. there are a number of interview cases on 8th & 9th jan. i am also waiting for interview for wife.

No Title

Hi everybody,

I posted my info a couple of times, I guess no harm done doing in once more:
EB3, Other, ND 07/30/99, EAC-99-230, FP 06/21/00, RFE 09/11/00, Transfer to Boston 10/18/00, still hanging there with no clue.

No Title

I went to the local INS (at Arlington VA) today and the IIO told me (checked my case on the system) that the files are still with VSC. As per the VSC (IIO) they mailed them on 12/18. Don\'t know who to believe!!! Arlington IIO told me to check back in Feb. and also doesn\'t have any information on the current processing (which RD/ND I0485\'s).... Will go back to them in Feb\'01. Wish you all a Happy New Year 2001.