Case transfered today to Newark

ush_bha

Registered Users (C)
Just now recd email from USCIS as follows:

On September 27, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in NEWARK, NJ for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in NEWARK, NJ will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

How long it take to schedule Interview for Newark, NJ

---------------------------------

ush_bha

RD 06/02
ND 06/02
FP1 08/02
RFE 12/03
RFE RCD 01/04
FP2 06/04
TRN 09/04 (case tranfser to Newark- NJ)
AD ??????

RFE was for employer letter, last two months pay stub, and 2002 IT Return

-------------------------------------

ush_bha

RD 06/02
ND 06/02
FP1 08/02
RFE 12/03
RFE RCD 01/04
FP2 06/04
AD ??????

Do they transfer only for the cases having RFE?? I don't know who gets their cases tranferred? My idea was anyone uses AC21 (Changes job after 140 approval gets transfer). Please clarify on that?

I am with the same employer from begining of my H1 and still working with same employer. I don't know why they transfer my case.

---------------------------------

ush_bha

RD 06/02
ND 06/02
FP1 08/02
RFE 12/03
RFE RCD 01/04
FP2 06/04
AD ??????

This is one of the strategy which CIS is adopting to reduce the backlog reduction. This is really rediculous.
ush_bha said:
I am with the same employer from begining of my H1 and still working with same employer. I don't know why they transfer my case.

My case has been transferred to Washington DC office on september 23rd 2004. I have never received any RFE on my case till now. I don't think the drive is only if they have only RFE. In my scenario the case is future employment. I was working with the sponsoring employer for only 2 months after filing labour and after that i moved to another employer. But they still supported me to file my 485 process. I don't know that triggered my case to be transferred to Washington DC.

What are the strategies around local offices in processing the transferred applications? I called NIC (1-800-375-xxxx) they said the local processing times for 485 is not for transferred cases but only family based cases only. For transferred cases they won't specify any published date it seems. But usually they send interview notice in a month frame. But based on case to case basis it might take more than a month time frame.

I am giving the information i have. I may not be the trusted source guys. :)