Case transfered to Texas Service Center

taurusborn

Registered Users (C)
I filed my I485 on Feb 17 2005 with Nebraska and got a Notice of Action on the 23rd stating it will take a long time. Today in the mail I got another Notice of Action this time from TSC, saying they got my I485 application on Aug 26 2005 and I have a new receipt number that starts with a SRC instead of LIN. It also states that its a receipt notice and that my fee was previously collected; with the section part stating "other basis for adjustment".

Also close to the bottom in bold it says: If this receipt is for an I-90, I-485 or I698 application
Biometrics-(fingerprint, photo, signature)
. "Next step is to have your biometrics taken at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC).........."

My questions are;
1. Is it normal for them to trasfer cases to TSC?
2. Does this mean I go in and get my Biometrics captured?

Thanx.

Case Transfer To Texas From Nebraska...

I have received notice in mail, our case tranfered to Texas. I applied in March 2002 for I 485 with my family. After that my wife and daughter received the "notice of case transfer" but not me. We did applied together. I do not understand that process. Is that normal.

Thanks!

taurusborn said:
I filed my I485 on Feb 17 2005 with Nebraska and got a Notice of Action on the 23rd stating it will take a long time. Today in the mail I got another Notice of Action this time from TSC, saying they got my I485 application on Aug 26 2005 and I have a new receipt number that starts with a SRC instead of LIN. It also states that its a receipt notice and that my fee was previously collected; with the section part stating "other basis for adjustment".

Also close to the bottom in bold it says: If this receipt is for an I-90, I-485 or I698 application
. "Next step is to have your biometrics taken at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC).........."

My questions are;

Thanx.
My case was also transferred to TCS. Any news on whether this speeds things up more than when it was at NCS?

taurusborn said:

My questions are;

Thanx.

I am in a same situation: my case was transfered to Texas, and I also received the notice that says "Next step is to have your biometrics taken at a USCIS Application Support Center (ASC)..........". I called customer service and the lady I talked to scheduled me for biometrics for October 25. So I don't know if it's normal or not....