Case transfered to local office. What to do next?

lkong

Registered Users (C)
Just checked online status a few minuts ago. All the messages for my family are changed to:

On February 2, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in CHARLOTTE, NC for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in CHARLOTTE, NC will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

What do we expect next. How long do we have to wait? Any inputs are appreciated.

my case is a NIW case. I was a student when I applied, and is a postdoc now.

lkong,

Just last Friday (Jan 30th), my case too was transferred to a local office. Its an EB2 case. Per my lawyer, we will have to wait for thelocal office to schedule an interview for us.

I know a couple of folks from my company who had their cases transferred (early 2003) and were scheduled for an interview almost 3 months later.

So, the waiting game continues.

Good luck.

lkong,

Just last Friday (Jan 30th), my case too was transferred to a local office. Its an EB2 case. Per my lawyer, we will have to wait for thelocal office to schedule an interview for us.

I know a couple of folks from my company who had their cases transferred (early 2003) and were scheduled for an interview almost 3 months later.

Good luck.

lkong,

Just last Friday (Jan 30th), my case too was transferred to a local office. Its an EB2 case. Per my lawyer, we will have to wait for the local office to schedule an interview for us.

Good luck.

Originally posted by or1or2
If there are other factors (DUI/DWI, crime etc.) then they are transferred too.
One can verify if there is a criminal record on one's self, by running a self-criminal record check at one's State Bureau of Investigation. Typically, you need to go to one of the penitentiaries in your area to check that.

Thanks for all the replies. I guess I have to wait hopefully not too long. jaysee, please keep inform us if anything new. I will definitely update my case.

Originally posted by or1or2
No. EA cases are rarely transferred as it is the only category that does not require a job offer.

you may be asked to provide evidence showing that you are employed even for EA cases:
i am in eb11. received a RFE for an employment letter. wondering why since a job offer is not required. anyhow, it is not a problem to my situation since i have always been employed.

Jaysee, Which district office your case is transferred to? Could you post your details (RD/FP/transfer_date)?

My case was transferred to Miami office on December 15th, 2003 and later Miami office transferred the case to sub District office in Tampa, Florida, some time middle of January 2004 (since I'm located in Tampa).

My details: RD 8/2001; FP 12/2002; case transfer 12/15/2003

My wife's case also got transferred recently to Miami office on Jan 29, 2004. I guess soon Miami office will transfer her case to Tampa office as well.

Her details: RD 8/2001; FP 2/2003; case transfer 1/29/2004

saprano,

My case was transferred on the 30th of January, 2004 to the Dallas office. I haven't heard from them so far.

RD 10 Oct 2001
ND 10 Nov 2001
FP 16 Jan 2003
Transferred 30 Jan 2004 to Dallas Office.

Interestingly, my wife's case has not been transferred (as yet, I would safely assume!). She has the same dates (RD/ND/FP) as mine.

Waiting patiently as ever for some more progress!!

Good luck.

Saprano,

My case was transferred to the Tampa office last November, and I still haven't heard from them. My lawyer had contacted an local lawyer and was informed that it usually takes two year from the ND to get an interview scheduled. I guess that means December of this year then.

By the way, the online processing date for Tampa offices is December 15, 2001. It actually jumbed almost 11 months from the previous posted processing date.

RD: Dec 02
ND: Dec 02
FP: Oct. 03
Transferred: Nov. 03

Pianoman,

Did your case got transfered to Miami office first, and then to Tampa sub-district office? Or TSC transfered your case directly to Tampa?

I guess, I should hear from local office very soon, since my nd is 8/23/01 and Tampa office is working 12/01 cases.

Jaysee, I bet your wife's case will be transfered to local office very soon. TSC transfered my case first, and then a month later they transfered my wife's case to lacal office.

Saprano,

Mine was transferred directly to Tampa. You sould be able to place an inquiry and get an answer from them, since your case is 30 days past the current processing date.

I called BCIS yeasterday. The lady told me that the processing date at loacal office is determined not by original ND but the time the local office received the transfer. In my case, the processing time of Charlotte, NC is 12/15/02, that means I have to wait for another year? My lawyer said it usually take 3~5 months for Charlotte to pick up transfer cases base on his former cases. But now with a lot more cases got transfered nobody knows how long we have to wait.

Re: saprano,

Originally posted by jaysee
[
Interestingly, my wife's case has not been transferred (as yet, I would safely assume!). She has the same dates (RD/ND/FP) as mine.
[/B]

Hi, Jaysee,

Hope you have or will receive(d) your wife's case transfer soon. Otherwise, there is nothing INTERESTING for you, especially if you are the primary. A lot of delays and suprises can happen because of this situation. You may want to contact local office as to why only one case is transferred.

Good luck!

The lady told me that the processing date at loacal office is determined not by original ND but the time the local office received the transfer.
Do not believe what these people tell you. If you check the USCIS web site for processing dates at the local offices you will see the following statement;
please allow 30 days from the receipt date shown on your notice to receive a written decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
w8nc,

I had noticed that too.
I spoke with my lawyer and he said that it might take a few weeks to even get a letter from the local office stating that the case is in their hands. So, for now, its back to "Wait patiently" mode.

Thanks w8nc. That make me feel a little better.

Last edited by a moderator: