Case Transfered to Atlanta

ramareddy

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

Today I have got a letter from INS Saying "Preliminary Processing of the application has been completed, and it has been transfered to the INS office Atlanta. That office will notify you when they schedule an interview".

Do any one know how much time is taking INS Atlanta office to Schedule Interview?

My Case details:

ND: 19 NOV 2001
EAD: 27 NOV 2001
FP : 25 JAN 2002
RFE : 18 OCT 2002
RFE Response: 20 NOV 2002 ( For employement Verification and Pay Stubs)
EAD Renewel: 23 NOV 2002
INS Transfer : 4 DEC 2002. ( Received on 11 DEC 2002).

did you

switch employers during 485?
I am trying to find out a reason for transfer after RFE?
Did you provide all the documents they requested during RFE?

Yes, Mine is long story. As soon as I filed my I485 with in the same month my employer told to me leave the company and find out job. But he promised he will support my I485 process. After two months I got EAD and using EAD I joined in XYZ company as a full time employee. So I changed my address from Miami to Atlanta. In Sep I got RFE for employement letter and pay stubs. My previous employer provided future employement letter. Regarding pay stubs I provided current employer pay stubs. My previous employer sent RFE response. Nov 20 INS received the RFE response and on 4 Dec transfered to local INS.

thanks.

That was a good explanation. I have a peculiar situation. I switched my job after 10 months and sent the RFE response(Employment letter, 3 pay statements and last year's W2) from my current employer. Now my current employer wants me to join this client. I am hesitating 'cos it will be another job change. I have another firm pressing me to join FT with them. But they are also prepared to contract me. So, I am planning to approach my previous employer(whose lawyer I have still retained and have good relationship with the employer) for the contract. I am sure he will be more than happy to take me back. Will this be a right approach, in case I get transferred? I have fixed an apptmt with a renowned lawyer in this area tomorrow. My gut feeling is going back to my original employer(who I worked for 5 yrs) is not going to harm anyway my GC, as according to INS I am faithful to my GC sponsoring employer.

Anybody, any thoughts on this??

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard !!

Now a days many of our (GA residents) are getting local transfer .There are 4-5 people already in the list. Mine got transferred to Atlanta on Nov 4th,2002 and no idea how long it is going to take. Wait and see….

Do you need to tell INS of the change?

If INS does not know the change, why they send you RFE inquiry?