Case transfered to a local INS

turco

Registered Users (C)
Folks,
I just spoke to an IIO and she said that my case was transfered to a local INS office on July 11th and will be schedule for an interview.

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Also, does anyone know what the interview is all about?

I would appreciate any feedback or advise on this matter.

Thanks.

No Title

RD:05/00, ND:06/00, FP:01/01
LIN: 00-191-xxxxx

Guys please share your experiences or thoughts.

Thanks

No Title

I think it is mostly to verify some doubts that the IIO may have like proof of marriage, employment, etc. Dont worry, talk to you attorney and go prepared.

Good Luck.

No Title

Thanks Cottons. I actually got a note from my attorney stating that they probably just want to check out our identity (mine and wife) or proof of marriage.

Thanks again. More thoughts and experiences will be welcome.

No Title

Turco, I have a similar case to yours. Both my wife and my I-485 pending cases have been transferred to the local INS. We have absolutely no inkling as to why?

Please keep me posted as to the outcome of your interview. Good Luck and Thanks.

Raghu

No Title

Folks,
  I called the INS local office today and they said that the waiting time for my kind of case can go up to 16 months.

Lovely huh... devastating.. yeah!

I will wait for another month to see if I get any kind of communication. After that, maybe some of you guys out there participating on these boards can give me some guidance on what I should do if don\'t hear from INS.

I ask anyone who has gone through the same experience to share information with me.

Thanks

No Title

Turco, I called the local INS yesterday as to the status of our case. She said that our case has just been assigned to an IIO. I queried her more as to the wait period and as to why it was transferred to the local office. Obviously, she was not giving me more information. She told me that I would be getting a letter soon. She said she doesn\'t know the time period??

Please keep me posted as to the developments with your case. I will also let you know whenever I call the INS. Thanks