Case transfered on Nov 29 to San Jose

syedav

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
My receive date for 485 Aug 29.2003 from Vermont. It transfered to san jose on Nov 29,2004. Do you know
How long will take to transfer the case ?
Do I get any notice once it is physically(files) transfered?
How long will take to schedule an interview?
Is it ok to take infopass appt to enquire about the status of transfer?
Please advise

On November 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN JOSE, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN JOSE, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Usually 3-4 weeks to get the interview letter and 4-5 weeks for the interview from the date of letter. You are probably looking at 7-9 weeks from date of transfer to actual interview.

syedav said:
Hi,
My receive date for 485 Aug 29.2003 from Vermont. It transfered to san jose on Nov 29,2004. Do you know
How long will take to transfer the case ?
Do I get any notice once it is physically(files) transfered?
How long will take to schedule an interview?
Is it ok to take infopass appt to enquire about the status of transfer?
Please advise

On November 29, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in SAN JOSE, CA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in SAN JOSE, CA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

would you mind providing complete details of your case ? i am also in the same boat.

leanback,

You were mentioning about postponing your appointment. What happened? I heard it delays the case "significantly" if you reschedule. I don't have any good details on it though.

HurricaneBay said:
leanback,

You were mentioning about postponing your appointment. What happened? I heard it delays the case "significantly" if you reschedule. I don't have any good details on it though.

Hi Hurricanebay,

I have been talking to couple of attorneys and i am wondering if its a wise decision. As of today, i will be going for interview.

thanks

Interview letter from SJ

Guys,

Finally I got the interview letter from SJ office which is scheduled on 1/27

On Nove 22 file transfered to SJ from Vermont.
On Jan 7 received interview letter from SJ office.

Thanks
-Vahab

different interview times !!??

I got my interview letters today scheduled for 2/1/2005. However I noted that my wife and my timings are half an hour apart . Has anybody experienced this? Usually both the applicants are called together right??
Any suggestions/guesses as to what is happening??

That's what they do for everyone (myself included). You will both be called in together according to my lawyer

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes mine was transfer on 22 nd november got letter on 29 th nov and interview on 12 th jan waiting for PD to be current. No approval as visa is not available.

JR1, too bad.
What does one do in such a case, i.e. approved but no visa number?
Are they considered to be permanent residents?

What is the PD now anyway?

JR1 said:
Yes mine was transfer on 22 nd november got letter on 29 th nov and interview on 12 th jan waiting for PD to be current. No approval as visa is not available.

what is your PD? when do u think your PD will be current? At the time of interview what they said about how you get approval? Was your substitute labor?

PD is Priority date the date where you file your Lab cert,

Mine is 18 th AUG 2002 so i think i will have to wait for another 8 months or may be more .... lets see