case transfered after rfe - help!

cwpj

Registered Users (C)
Both my spouse and my cases were transfered to Miami FL after RFE responded early April. We have moved to NC and changed our address prior to RFE with BCIS via AR 11. Obviously, they did not update it. How can we transfer the file to NC or should we fly down to Miami for interview?

If we leave it at Miami, how long will do we wait before interview?

Please advise!!

RD/ND - 11/01
FP: 5/03
RFE - 4/01
Case transfered

cwpj

Address changes, in my personal experience, need to be done in 2 places.

The AR-11 form is a legal requirement that all aliens and immigrants (GC holders) have to comply with. Additionally, if you have a case pending with USCIS, it is required that the National Customer support center be communicated with the change of Address. This is what I did when I moved (in addition to sending out the AR-11 forms).

A few days later USCIS sent out letters confirming that our files had been updated.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Same as sairam1, said I did AR 11 and called USCIS NSC # and asked rep to update our address for our pending 485 applications. I received a confirmation from TSC as they updated our addresses.

I also moved from FL to NC recently.

BaSh:D :cool:

cwpj,

Make a move strategically. Check where local NC or FL stands in terms of scheduling an interview. Dates are publihed in uscis.gov. If FL is earlier than NC then it is worth flying to FL for a day.
If NC is too early then ask TSC/FL to move file to NC. But do this only if the gap is too much as FL may take some months to move file to NC adding further delay.

Thank God that you are not in GA. It is slower than TSC and is processing Apr 01 RD.

That's one mistake we made - we didn't call the national service. We called today and changed it, and asked the CSR what we need to do at this point. He said to write letter to FL to transfer case.

FL is processing RD Jan 03 and NC is processing March 03. So, I'll send out a letter tomorrow. I just pray that the file is not lost. I suspected that our case got transfered for interview because of our country of origin. It's not special registration country, but listed among alert list. Too bad... we're law-abiding people.

where to apply next EAD?

Since our cases are transfered, it might not be approved before our current EAD expires in Jan 05.

Where should I send the application? The Texas Center or local district office? Any experience?

(that's assuming our files will be transfered successfully from FL to NC without getting lost)

cwpj,

Since your RD/ND is 11/01, at either place you will get an interview call immediately. But you add an element of risk or delay by asking them to transfer file from FL to NC. I woud rather do it in FL.

LongGC,

I am assuming the worst that they will ask for employment letter on my husband. Since he is working in NC, then we are out of Miami jurisdiction and that translates into us having to get the file transfered to NC and schedule for another interview?

I'm really pulling my hair out trying to think what I need to do.

Request for file transfer or wait? Anyone knows what does the dates on local district office means? Our ND or transfer date?

I guess each has its risk. If I wait, at least at the interview, we can explain the situation and have them transfer file right there while they have it in their hand.

I would say three words for you guys "DO NOT TRANSFER". then again it would be your call but I wouldn't do it. Even if they ask for employment letter, go ahead and provide your current job letter. People live in one state and work in other states on EAD.

Good Luck

Last edited by a moderator:
My case was transfered to NC. You will not get interview in NC soon. Neither my friend, whose case got transfered in 01/04, or me got anything from Charlotte yet. As for EAD, you need to apply from local office according to the national center. I applied EAD 2 days before they tansfered my case, the application got transfered to Charlotte now.

transfer notice

Received official transfer notice today. It reads differrent from the website message.

Paper says "Preliminary processing of the above application or petition has been completed, and it has been transferred to the INS Office at - Miami address,....

That office will notify you when they schedule an interview on the application or petition. Any further inquiries should be made to that office."

I've sent in transfer request. Hopefully they can match up the files and my request.

cwpj ,

I am in the same situation and my ND is 11/01. My case was transferred to Orlando Fl and thats where I was. I checked the dates and Orlando office is processing June 2001 and according to my previous experience that mean waiting another year at least. So I moved to NC and put another change of address.

This is very important that you send the AR -11 and the other change of address to the local office which in your case is Miami.

As far as I am concerned I took the risk, lets see how soon they transfer the case to NC. NC is processing 2003 cases that means once the transfer notice is issued you can go to them after 30 days of that and request an interview date.

Another factor to be considered is that NC is considered relatively easy compared to FL when it comes to an interview

Best of luck

azee27516,

The case was transferred to Miami because our former attorney's address is in that area, while we used to live in Palm Beach.

Do you also need to send AR-11 of the former attorney's address and put your new address? (because it seems like all paperwork was directed and based on attorney's address).

I wrote a transfer request letter and attached a copy of the previous AR-11 form to them and tracking confirmed delivery on May 3. I'm preparing to send in another package (it maybe a wasted effort). Did you call Miami office to track your file? They listed the phone # on the notice.

I may need to file another EAD in a few months. If we don't know where the case is (FL/NC), which office do we send our application?

cwpj,

Sorry for the delay in reply. This new format of the forum will take a little getting use to. In anycase I dont think your case was transferred to Maimi because your lawyers address was from there it was probably because they might not have a office in West Palm beach and Maimi was the office assigned your case. In my case I am in Raleigh now and if and when my file gets transferred from Orlando it will go to Charlotte NC because that the only place in NC where they handle immigration cases.

So once again send the AR-11 and a change of address to the local office. If you are moving to NC from Maimi than Maimi would be the local office.

Best of luck

The Miami phone number they put on the notice of transfer is disconnected/no longer in service. I wonder what is the point of putting it there. Huh?? Anyone has a new number?