Case tranferred. Now what?

AlexBee

Registered Users (C)
My case (EB-2, ND 5-1-2001) was finally moved out from TSC. Unfortunatelly, it was not approved, but rather sent to the NYC office for the interview and such.
Now, the question I have for this community. What should I expect now? I never received any memo from TSC about case transfer, althoug it been already over a week since my online status has changed. I have strong suspicion that they have not updated my address (I'm in Boston now) and sent it to my old, NY one.
NCS was clueless. The only thing the operator keep repeating is that I have to go to NYC office and check the address they have on file (if they have received the case).
Any suggestions on how I should proceed?
Any suggestions will be really appreciated, as it will be sad to loose it all after 3 years of waiting.

Beware!!

I guess you are rigth,they did not update your adress,you better call them and do it,also send AR-11 form,don't let your case be processed in NYC,they are now looking to cases with receipt date of 02/14/2002 and Boston office is more than 1 year ahead,(july,13,2003)you are going to wait forever in NYC.My case was transferred from VSC to NYC just to schedule interview more than 14 months ago and no signs of anything yet!Call your lawyer to find out what to do,and do it quickly!Good Lucky!

AlexBee

Check with your lawyer, they get the transfer notices for sure sometimes you don't.

Go to the local office and check your address ...

.. even our cases were transferred. My address was not updated but my spouse's address was.

Jaysee

Re: sm18

Originally posted by sm18
Check with your lawyer, they get the transfer notices for sure sometimes you don't.

sm18, what does your online status say ?
Are you now living in area under VSC 's juridiction ? or do you know what could be the reason behind the transfer.
I have not rec'd any transfer notices and as per my attorney's office, they too have not informed me.
Yesterday once again I sent a fax to my attorney asking him if he has rec'd any transfer notice by chance.

My details
RD/ND - May 02
Moved to VA in Aug 03 , changed jobs.
Filed AR-11, got 2 notices for FP, one from TSC and then 2nd from VSC.
after the 2nd FP, the status is " FP rec'd/resumed"

RE: goastros

There is no change in the online status, same as before Transferred to VSC on 01/29/04.

We are living in MA since Oct'00. Our Lawyer got the transfer notices, TSC transferred our cases to VSC for speed processing.

That's right. My lawer got the Note. The question now is whether all the letters he claimed to send to TSC and NYC on my behalf will be of any help. It looks like my torture is far from over...

AlexBee, just a question, if you lived in NYC at the time of I-485 filing, why did you file it in TSC?

Not at all. When I filed, I was in Texas allright. Then moved to NY. Then, to MA. Not my choices, you might imagine.