case tranfer to local office

cagc

Registered Users (C)
Based on online message, my case was tranfer to SF office. Has any other 485 case been transfered to San Francisco local office lately? Does anybody know the usual reasons for 485 cases to be transfered to local office? How long does it take to get a response from SF office? Your experience is greatly appreciated.

cagc
wac-02-044
ND 11/01
FP 1/02
Re FP 7/03
REF 7/03

Sorry to hear that. Please see following threads for related info on SFO/San Jose intervies:
SFO/San JoseInterview tracker
San Jose Interview Tracker

By the way I have a question, You wrote "RFE 7/03"! When did you respond to your RFE and when did it got updated to "RFE received on the system". If they received it some time in the current month and the officer already looked into your case may mean that they are looking into RFE responses immediately! I see on "Kashmir's" tracking data that some cases that are transferred to local BCIS office are transferred back and got approved! May be they have some problem in the system and instead of some other message they are setting the wrong message saying "Transferred.."

Goodluck
PCee

Usual reasons,

a) Address change between service centers.
b) Misdemeanor on record
c) Association with certain organizations in the past.
d) Unsatisfactory reply to RFE.
e) Bad IIO mood.

Is yours any different?

PS: BTW, transfer isn't horrible, there are plenty folks who got transferred and approved before others got even RFE sent.

Thanks PCee and SM.

I responded to RFE right way, but there was no update online. I only changed job after filing 485. Nothing else.

PCee, where did you get this info about CSC mistake? I checked this forum, and it may take 6-9 months to get interview. Is there any way I can contact SF office about my case. I am afraid that I have to wait further.

cagc

I think you have to go to the office personally to ask them for an update. I've also read somewhere on this board that you can get an interview sooner if you bug them enough.

I have been tracking SF interview for couple months. I would say 4 months on average. The quickest was 2 months. I don't think going there personally helps at all. I tried couple times, they don't even bother to give you a shit. The most recent time I went there was for my FP. You see, they finally scheduled my interview, but failed to send me 2nd FP notice. It has been 2 weeks, I still haven't got FP notice. I guess I have to wait till the interview day, and then keep waiting, forever....

WAC 01-264
RD 06-2001
TD 03-2003
ID 07-2003

Hi technote1:

What did you do to get your notice in 4 months? You have not redone your FP. Do you think they will ask you to do it during interview?

Also I am planning a trip in Aug. Is it safe to travel abroad now?

I did bug them couple times during the 4 months period. But I didn't think that was helpful, since the officers just gave me the standard answer "it will take 1 year to ....". I have to almost beg them to punch my A# into the computer, and then they said," your file just arrived here ...."

I also tried congressman, I am not sure if that helped or not.

Anyway, since I have been tracking, most cases got interview within 4 months.

You will receive interview notice about 1 month ahead, so I guess it's ok for you to travel, if you have valid AP.

Hi technote1:

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you please post your interiview experience afterwards?

New Transferee..

Just got a mail from attorney that...my file is transfered to SFO.
Same old question as everyone...how long is wait time for interview.My attorney says 6 to 9 months...but not sure.
Lets all post any updates to our cases...as each one of us gets interview and approval...its one step closer to our own application.

Good Luck to all...keep posting please...

did your attorney get a notice from CSC that the case has been transferred? If yes any details on the notice.