case staus inquiry

ihack1

Registered Users (C)
Has anyone ever got approved as a result of initiating a case status inquiry through 1-800# ?

I just made a case status inquiry this morning. The lady who answered asked if I had a question.

I said I did not hear any thing after giving my FP and asked if they received the FP and name check results from FBI.
She immediately asked if I received my approval letter.
When I said no and that is the reason I was calling as I did not hear any thing after completing FPs.
She put me on hold for a good 2 minutes and took all my information again.
She asked me if I changed my address and if I informed the same to USCIS.
I said I did every thing including filing AR 11 and called and informed USCIS.
She then asked if I had other cases pending.
I said I have my huband and our two sons I485's pending.
She took all the receipt #s and said we should get a response in 30 days.
When I aske dif she could tell me if I was approved or if they received the FP and Name check results from FBI, she said she does not have any access to this info and there is no reason why I should not hear from them in 30 days.
I do not know if the inquiry made any difference but it did nothing for me at this point.

GC soon.
ND :June 6th,2002
FP :February 4th,2005
AD: soon

Thanks for the update GC Soon. Looks like they have some checklist. I got the same questions. I will wait for 30 days.....

Same here..

Made couple of enquiries.. they gathered all the details. When they saw the rd date, they were like your case should have been processed long time back, don't know why it is not picked up...forwarding it to supervisor and you should hear something in 30 days and one said in couple of weeks.. so still waiting for the word

The inquires have no effect on my case, I have made 4 inquiries so far, no response, just like through a stone into a blackhole, just absorbed and gone. But other than inquires, we don't have any other option neither...

ND: May 2002
FP: Oct 2004
NO AP

Initiated a inquiry 2 weeks back. Also my attorney sent a letter requesting case status at the same time. We receive our approval emails yesterday. Not sure if initiating the queries triggered the approvals, but it would not hurt either.

Hi there LZTX, I read your post so I thought I'd reply on this thread. Well, I've been away for awhile, got very tired of this ordeal. Sometimes, I just thought that this is gonna last forever but there's no such thing, right? So I think I'll keep on waiting. I made an inquiry in February on my case and I was told that I should get a letter within 30 days. I hope that they really meant that, I'm counting the days and they still have 7 days to fulfill their promise. Anyway, I'm done with my first FP in January and my LUD changed once after that except the message. I hope everybody will get approved soon.

lztx said:
The inquires have no effect on my case, I have made 4 inquiries so far, no response, just like through a stone into a blackhole, just absorbed and gone. But other than inquires, we don't have any other option neither...

ND: May 2002
FP: Oct 2004
NO AP

Made enquiry on Jan 25, 2005. Got FP on Jan 31st

I made an enquiry on Jan 25 and got 2nd FP notice on Jan 31, 2005. Did early FP on Feb 7, 2005. No change in LUD or message since Dec, 2002. Think we have to wait for 60 days after FP to initiate another enquiry or can we do it now??

Standard response

Guys,

I had my lawyer place an inquiry into my pending 140 and the reply was that I should hear something in 30 days. The lawyer stated that this is the standard response these days. Not sure if anything will come of it.

saras