Case Status Online Appears to be Incorrect

YankeeLegend

Registered Users (C)
I plugged in my receipt number about 10 days ago and to my delight information came up on my case after about four months of waiting.

The USCIS site says that my case is still pending however, I was disheartened when I read this message from USCIS: "On January 18, 2008, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE...etc..."

I was disappointed because in actuality my I-797C Notice of Action states that the application was received on November 2nd 2007 whereas the notice date is indicated as January 18th, 2008. Can anyone explain this discrepancy?

USCIS says that there is no mistake. Could it be that I spoke to someone that was misinformed?

Furthermore, I filed at the VSC and last month as I was checking the processing dates, for the I-30 for my wife, the site stated that:

As of January 15th 2008
i-130 US Citizen filing for Spouse - June 06, 2007 (completed).

As of now it states that:

As of February 15, 2008

I-130 US Citizen filing for Spouse - August 19, 2007 (completed).

Based on these figures, it seems to show that for every monthly interval, 2 and a half months of 1-130 forms are completed. Would it be poor judgment if I were to assume that by the March 15th my I-130 will also be completed?

The USCIS site says that my case is still pending however, I was disheartened when I read this message from USCIS: "On January 18, 2008, we received this I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE...etc..."

I was disappointed because in actuality my I-797C Notice of Action states that the application was received on November 2nd 2007 whereas the notice date is indicated as January 18th, 2008. Can anyone explain this discrepancy?
did it get transferred to another Service Center? that would explain it.

Hey Lucy,

It did not. I submitted my I-130 at the VSC and got a response from the VSC.

Hi,
I had the same problem problem except my receive date was November 15th and my notice date was January 23rd. I was worried too, so i called them and when i did, they said that because there is a delay in putting stuff in, that notice date appears as the recieve date in the system that we check but they actually go by the date on the NOA. :)

^^Thanks for clearing that up for me. If it is the way they told you, you and I should be hearing something pretty soon. I'll let you know when I do. Please do the same when you get an update.