Case Status Not working?

kbhalla

Registered Users (C)
I tried my I485 case today and I got the following message:

Validation Error(s)
You must correct the following error(s) before proceeding:
Case Status Retrieval Failed

I also tried my EAD and 765 that have been approved and kept getting the same message. Anyone else getting the same error :confused: or is this just on my profile :(

I don't have problem to check the status. Are you able to login your account to check?

bay said:
I don't have problem to check the status. Are you able to login your account to check?

Yup, able to log in no problem. When I click on my case it takes me to the error screen .. the same message I get when I try the link above. I'll check again ...

kbhalla said:
Yup, able to log in no problem. When I click on my case it takes me to the error screen .. the same message I get when I try the link above. I'll check again ...

Try cleaning up your browser cache and see..

Well, I had a problem....

... today. What happened to me was I got a message to the effect my password was wrong. Which shouldn't be the case, but I tried again anyway. The same error message. And this time it said I tried too many times (hey, it was twice, and the password should be correct!) with wrong passwords so I couldn't log in anymore unless I called them or I changed the password.

So I got it reset and created a new password. I first tried the same one the website had rejected just some moment ago, then this time it said it was the same as the old one so I could not use it and I must choose another one!

Dunno... something was wonky with the case status online for me today.

geofu54 said:
... today. What happened to me was I got a message to the effect my password was wrong. Which shouldn't be the case, but I tried again anyway. The same error message. And this time it said I tried too many times (hey, it was twice, and the password should be correct!) with wrong passwords so I couldn't log in anymore unless I called them or I changed the password.

So I got it reset and created a new password. I first tried the same one the website had rejected just some moment ago, then this time it said it was the same as the old one so I could not use it and I must choose another one!

Dunno... something was wonky with the case status online for me today.

It works fine for me. No issues whatsoever in pat few weeks if I remember correctly.

osheth said:
It works fine for me. No issues whatsoever in pat few weeks if I remember correctly.

Yeah, apparently it didn't happen to everyone... no matter, I don't trust the online case status website so much anymore, LOL. Looks like it's not necessarily accurate... and when did I start believing there is anything accurate ever when it comes to USCIS!!? ;) :p

By the by, CONTRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for ya! :D

geofu54 said:
Yeah, apparently it didn't happen to everyone... no matter, I don't trust the online case status website so much anymore, LOL. Looks like it's not necessarily accurate... and when did I start believing there is anything accurate ever when it comes to USCIS!!? ;) :p

By the by, CONTRATULATIONS!!! I'm so happy for ya! :D

Thanks. It has been a great news mixed with pleasant surprise :) I hope, yours would come soon too. Good Luck

Case Status Retrieval Failed - Call 1-800-375-5283

I have the same issue, my case is about 4+ years old and I called the 18003755283 and then talked to the agent, and asked them to send me
an update and I have a referral number to follow up for later.

Both by 485 cases( spouse's and mine) are not available online or by the phone( automated inquiry )

This is the online message I got,

This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

Good luck all.
-Rxr

rxr said:
I have the same issue, my case is about 4+ years old and I called the 18003755283 and then talked to the agent, and asked them to send me
an update and I have a referral number to follow up for later.

Both by 485 cases( spouse's and mine) are not available online or by the phone( automated inquiry )

This is the online message I got,

This Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283.

Good luck all.
-Rxr

I hope I'm ok .. What did they say?

Layoff when I-485 Pending

I am a Civil Engineer with a Ph.d.
Filed for GC in EB-3 in December 2001.
My priority date is Jan 9, 2002.

I-140 approved in May 2005.
I-485 filed and pending since January 2004.
I-485 recently transferred from VSC to TSC in March 2007.

I am with the same employer since 2001.

Changed to EAD before 8th year H-1B expired in October 2006.

With the slump in housing market, work is slow these days.

I have two questions:

1) Will I be out of status if my employer lays me off ?? and what recourse do I have ?
Can I be in the US and search for another job on EAD if I get laid off?

I think I can at least convince my employer not to withdraw my I-140 and I-485 petitions.

2) Now that I have gained experience in the last 6 years, can I upgrade my EB-3 filing to EB-2?
If it is possible to upgrade from EB-3 to EB-2, can I retain the priority date of January 2002.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thank You - Chikkad

No updates yet

kbhalla / rxr..

Have you seen any update yet?

I called in and scheduled a status inquiry , they are able to find my case in their system, the online one is still faulty and get the same message.

To add to this, the rep I talked to said, " you been there too long" and it happens to some folks on the numbers. Overall the rep i talked to was pretty helpful.

:)

So - when is EB3 moving , latest Visa bulletin still says May2001 !!!