Case Status Monitor Application

Custer, where can i get your Lin Wizard?

i couldn't find the download at the URL you specified earlier in this thread... could i find it at some other location? i am running win xp.

if somebody else would care to share their copy of the full install install version, i would be grateful (hopefully custer won't mind).

thanks in advance!

where is the download

I am also interested in using this application, but I can't find the program with the link. :confused:

I Think I Resent Being Called a Con-Artist

I have never asked for money for this application nor am I seeking any.

To share and care was the reason why I distributed the app in the first place. However over the course of time it was available, I was convinced that having developed something like this, that I could draw unwanted attention from DHS.

Also support was a bit of a pain.

However I will make it available again. Here it is for one last time.

If you want to enable the email aspect of this you will need to be running Microsoft Outlook or (Express) and install Outlook redemption. The reason for this is that Microsoft made changes to Outlook to prevent the spread of macro virus's and because this accesses email you have to work around the secuity fox and thats what Redemption does.

http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/Redemption.zip

Application

I am having problems uploading the application. The Zip File is 2.7MB, it should upload but it doesn't.

Does anybody know how to upload a file of this size to this site?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Application

your briefcase has enough space. Just try again some other time.
Originally posted by custer
I am having problems uploading the application. The Zip File is 2.7MB, it should upload but it doesn't.

Does anybody know how to upload a file of this size to this site?

I wanted to load it Here

I should be able to upload up to 3 MB here, but for some reason it will not take.

Confused

Seth,

Have I done something to personally offend you?

You seem to be impugning my integrity and quite frankly I resent it.

You have called me a Con Artist and have at least implied that I am incompetent.

I originally offered this software up for free for anyone who wants it. Based on other discussions I had on this site became concerned that this type of software might draw the ire of DHS.

I have never asked for money for this nor would I. However when asked I explained my reasons for not continuing to make the software available publicly and yes these did include money. For some people (including me) $200 is still a lot of money to spend on a hobby.

However given that people were still asking I decided once again that I would be prepared to stick my neck out and offer it up. If you look at the file attachment option on immigrationportal it says that the max file size to upload is 3,024,000 bytes. My file is 2,715,000 bytes. However when I try to upload it just doesn't take. I have uploaded files to this site many times and have never had a problem.

As for your opinions, you are free to hold them on whatever subjects you choose. However when you publicly make a personal attack on me, I will feel compelled to respond.

If anyone has an answer to my upload question or would like to tell me where I can host my file for free I would be happy to hear from you.

Custer,

www.angelfire.com provides 20 MB free web space. They also provide basic blogging features for free. You might look there to upload your file.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I never used your program and would like to try it when you have it up. Thanks for your effort.

Custer,

I am a user of your application and would like to tell you that it a great tool to check multiple applications with a single click. I have been notified of 10 APs 10 EADs 2 140s when they were approved and depend on this to check 8 applications twice a day for me and my friends.

In fact the red status change bar gives me a sudden hopeful feeling wherever I see it.

I do not think you are deserving of the type of comments people are making here. In my opinion you should NOT make this application available till you get an apology.

Seth_Chamaklal,

Please maintain the dignity of this board and do not make disparaging remarks.

custer,

What you have done is a wonderful job, and most of us here were able to make use of it.
What I dont understand is - why do you have to keep continously be apologetic to some stupid remarks made by people about your application. Get this straight - people who keep criticising what you did, have only spoken, are speaking and will keep speaking. Its all talk and no action. As simple as that. On the contrary, you have acted on something, which has helped many of us. I sincerely suggest you not to bother wasting your time, posting a reply to these people who want to use the resources of the forum, and do nothing but point fingers at those who are contributing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ignore the moron(s) Custer

Good job man, you did what I always wanted to, but was too busy/lazy to get around to. (Jul 03 ND also means I have lots of time to procrastinate)

Ignore the idiots that can't read, I bet the fool just saw $200 and didn't read the rest, but assumed that you want to charge.

Hey, one idea to absolve yourself from culpability : make it open source. Then it becomes a communal tool, with the added benefit of communal improvements.

Hi Custer

Thank you for making your application available once again. Would your application be compatible with Windows XP Professional?

Seth_Chamaklal,

Remember, we are all in the same team and I can't agree more with Rsur - putting down your fellow I-485er does not fly here.

Hi Custer,

I see that your folder is empty...Is it I am doing some thing wrong...Could anyone download the Status Monitoring Application?

Thanks
Amani

Will Upload The App To the Old Folder Tonight

Can't do it from work because we block web email here. I will upload the app and make it available tonight.

Yes it will work with XP.

Thanks for the kind words.

Lets bring some civility here

Whats wrong with you SirZ? First of all, if Custer is really genuine and sincere he never bother asking money and not replied to Chamak's comments. Like Kashmir and Green report guy(dont know the name), he could have done it genuinely and never reacted ? If you call some one Moron, Seth will call you stupid. whats the point here. Lets leave the topic here. Mr. Custer there are lot of sites let you upload like Yahoo briefcase 30 meg, angelfire etc etc. Show your passion here or you can sell it at download.com for commission. As Rsur said, lets maintain dignity.

Why All The Fuss

I NEVER asked for money. I only tried to explain what was going on.

I will make the app available for FREE, but I you are going to have to wait until I get home tonight to activate my yahoo account. If that is not a good enough answer and you need to get it earlier, then why not private message me with your email address and I will email it to you.

I am really not trying to be a hold out on this.