Case status inquiry response

mark99

Registered Users (C)
My dates of I 485 have passed (Aug 03) and I initiated an inquiry last week.I was wondering if others have done that and what were their response.
Thanks

hey mark...
i m in the same position as you.. I inquired about my 485 last week as well, i am also pending from aug'03... i am waiting on a response, they said they will write to me within 30 days. So i will have to see how that goes, i heard from a lot of people, they ditch us and do not even write to us. But hopefully it works for both of us... and they give a GOOD status on the case.. .and hopefully it triggers them to start working on it .. and approve us...

i also wrote a letter about my 485 + 140 to ask them to expedite the case since its past the norm processing dates. you might want to do the same thing if its in your interest. good luck to all.

The response for each inquiry depends on where your application is stuck.

When I initiated Inquiry, i got a response saying "Dealyed due to security check. Do not know know long its going to take".

Others got responses like "its with Adjudicator and shoud here is 30 days" and some of them are waiting more than 30 days.

mark99 said:
My dates of I 485 have passed (Aug 03) and I initiated an inquiry last week.I was wondering if others have done that and what were their response.
Thanks
yea, I initiated inquiries twice. no lud change, nothing. I have given up.

485-may '03
fp-mar 04
lud - sep 04

onemore,

how did you get the update that it was pending 'waiting for an adjudicator'

did INS tell you when you called them or was it written in the letter that you got from them?

dogbert

Guys,

Initiating an inquiry worked for me. I had called them on Jan 7th. They took my A# etc. and said that I'd hear something from them in a month, if not, asked me to follow up again after a month.

On January 19th, my LUD changed, however there was no change in the message. On January 26th I receive a letter dated January 19th from USCIS telling me that my application was delayed due to security check and lack of manpower. It also mentioned that they did not know how much time it would take for my application to be approved.

At this juncture, I had given hope. However, on February 1st I received email regarding my approval. So, guys, don't give up. If your dates have passed the USCIS dates, I would suggest initiating an inquiry. Gotta keep trying.

Good luck to all.
-Jay

How to initiate an inquiry?

Guys,

My 485 date is Sept 2003. Recd an RFE last month regarding EVL and W-2. The response was recd by USCIS on 2/11/05. My LUD has changed four times since then: 2/11, 2/14, 2/16 and 2/17. However the message remains the same. I am curious as to what is the process to initiate an inquiry? Do I just call the customer service?

Thanks.

I did called my lawyer. she told she don't want to open Inquiry, and she is telling all stories.

My ND AUG03.