Case Status Disappearance

Pinturicchio

Registered Users (C)
Hi guys,

I need a favour. I've already done my I-485 interview, but I wasn't approved at the time pending the name check results. I kept checking the online status after that for a while, but then I felt it was depressing me...so I forgot about it for a month or so.

Today I checked back and my I-485 has an LUD of Jan 31 2006, even though I haven't inquired about my case of anything like that. I clicked on the link, and it says that I should check my receipt number because they can't find mine in the system.

I've heard of some people who were approved at the interview, and went home to find a similar message when they checked their case. Can anyone who went through it please post his/her experience or at least say if their online status disappeared after approval or not.... I'm really just digging for some optimism here, and any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks

Pinturicchio said:
Hi guys,

I need a favour. I've already done my I-485 interview, but I wasn't approved at the time pending the name check results. I kept checking the online status after that for a while, but then I felt it was depressing me...so I forgot about it for a month or so.

Today I checked back and my I-485 has an LUD of Jan 31 2006, even though I haven't inquired about my case of anything like that. I clicked on the link, and it says that I should check my receipt number because they can't find mine in the system.

I've heard of some people who were approved at the interview, and went home to find a similar message when they checked their case. Can anyone who went through it please post his/her experience or at least say if their online status disappeared after approval or not.... I'm really just digging for some optimism here, and any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks
Yes, this means that your case is about to be approved. The status usually disappears and comes back in 3 or 4 days. Look out for your mail...you must be receiving a welcome letter soon...Hopefully

Good Luck

Approved :) :)

I just got the approval email a couple of hours ago....:D :D

I wish you guys on this forum a great deal of good luck :)

Can't wait for the physical card :)

Congrats!!! Hope you'll get a card soon!
I had my interview 3 days ago, we passed but FBI name check pending...I check my status on-line, but it didn't change (the last time it changed in July'05 when they got my FP results).....so now we just have to wait

When was your interview? Can you post your timeline? I just wonder how long it might take for name check....I reas about people waiting for 12-20 months after the interview....Why some people get cleared right away and some have to wait for years???

The process is very random. That's all I could put together about it. Some people get stuck for years, some clear in months, others clear in days. And no it doesn't only depend on your ethnicity or origin, since I'm Muslim (with a muslim name), Arab, and Lebanese...

Anyhoo, my timeline goes something like this...

I-130/I-485/I-765
RD 10/10/05
ND 10/14/05
NC 10/22/05
FP 11/14/05
ID 12/05/05 (NC pending)
EAD Approval 12/07/05
EAD Received 12/12/05
I-485 AD 02/03/06

Keep the hope, and good luck :)

What is your local Office , and what is ur case type?

Congratulations.
What is ur district office?
Also, What is ur case? Married to US Citizen?
Parent of a Citizen???

Pl post. Thanks
Pinturicchio said:
The process is very random. That's all I could put together about it. Some people get stuck for years, some clear in months, others clear in days. And no it doesn't only depend on your ethnicity or origin, since I'm Muslim (with a muslim name), Arab, and Lebanese...

Anyhoo, my timeline goes something like this...

I-130/I-485/I-765
RD 10/10/05
ND 10/14/05
NC 10/22/05
FP 11/14/05
ID 12/05/05 (NC pending)
EAD Approval 12/07/05
EAD Received 12/12/05
I-485 AD 02/03/06

Keep the hope, and good luck :)

same thing

Congrats Pinturicchio.....

I have the same thing going on until today.....can't check the status of i485 since jan 30th, 2005......but got a email approval on I130 on that day.

Still wonder whats happenning.... My DO is Garden city, NY

Pinturicchio,
Congrats..that's good news.It gives us some hope on our cases.Hopefully i will get my case cleared soon by FBI.Good luck

Pinturicchio said:
Hopefully it's good news....

Good luck :)

I GOT WELCOME LETTER + i130 APPROVAL LETTER TODAY IN MAIL....!!!!!

I am soooo happpyyyyy...this forum has been a great help.

Good Luck to all..and see u guys at citizenship forum within 3 years :p

Pinturicchio....did u get it yet ? ....give us updates whenever possible.

Yes, I got the welcome letter today in the mail :D My I-130 approval got here around a month and a half ago....

The online status still says that the card is ordered and they will mail it as soon as it's ready. Hopefully, it'll be ready soon :)

when should the physical card arrive?

hi pinturicchio,

i received email approval of I-130 on 1/30/06, and email approval of I-485 on 2/2/06. yesterday the welcome letter and I-130 approval letter arrived in my mailbox. the online status for I-485 showed "after approving your case, we ordered you a new card, we will mail it to you once it is ready". but today i received another email indicating that I-485 was approved on 2/8/06, the approval letter is being sent out. i am a little confused now, why I-485 got approved twice, and when should the card arrive? i am planning a vacation next month, but don't know how fast i will get the real card. pinturicchio, did you get the similar email approval of I-485? did you get the real card yet?

roseindesert said:
hi pinturicchio,

i received email approval of I-130 on 1/30/06, and email approval of I-485 on 2/2/06. yesterday the welcome letter and I-130 approval letter arrived in my mailbox. the online status for I-485 showed "after approving your case, we ordered you a new card, we will mail it to you once it is ready". but today i received another email indicating that I-485 was approved on 2/8/06, the approval letter is being sent out. i am a little confused now, why I-485 got approved twice, and when should the card arrive? i am planning a vacation next month, but don't know how fast i will get the real card. pinturicchio, did you get the similar email approval of I-485? did you get the real card yet?

No, you got it wrong :) The first email says that the I-485 is approved, and that they ordered you a card. The welcome letter you got yesterday is your approval notice. Today the email basically is saying they sent the card, even if the wording mentions something about a notice. I got the same email when they sent me the EAD and the card showed up in the mail 2 days later.

About how long it takes, under normal circumstances, you should be fine with your trip next month. I got the same email today and I'm expecting the card on Friday or Saturday insha'Allah. It depends on where you live I guess, but almost all the mail I got from USCIS was postmarked 2 days before it got to my mailbox... I don't know about mail to other areas in the US. But it shouldn't take long at all. :)

that is correct

I received the same email today...so my guess is either friday or saturday.

Don't worry roseindesert........you will be enjoying your trip pretty soon.

Pinturicchio,
Can you tell me when you had your interview, Did Officer say that you had Background check pending or Name check?.As becos i heard somewhere in this forum that background check is done with USCIS and name check with FBI.And background check is faster than name check.My Interviewer said that I had background check pending, just wondering if there is a difference.Thank you

My interview was on Dec 5th. I don't remember what the exact words of the interviewer were....

USCIS does a series of background checks for immigrants before giving them certain benefits. These include the IBIS check, FBI name check..... so the name check is a subset of the checks that USCIS performs.

Usually, the name check is the one that takes the most time, so if you were told the background check is pending, most probably it's the FBI. I heard the others clear in days.

Anyway, hope you hear good news soon :) It's most certainly possible. Good luck :)