Case status changed..

sayee

Registered Users (C)
One of my friends case status changed, what does it means...nearing approval or just normal info from USCIS..

Receipt Number: LIN05********
Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On December 1, 2004, we received this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

He is from retro country with EB3 July 2002 Date.

Here is mine too,

"Application Type: I140, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER

Current Status: Case received and pending.

On July 17, 2006, we received this I140 IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR ALIEN WORKER, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case. Please follow any instructions on this notice. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our NEBRASKA SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register."

Both the messages content looks same.!!!

Online messages have changed ...

Guys and Gals,

USCIS has recently changed the online messages for almost all applications. There is nothing to worry or to get excited about.

saras

Yes, mine also changed. They just changed the on line message, which is very clear, as part of their upgrade process. There is nothing to worry.

sayee,
soon you will see this message

Application Type: I485, APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Current Status: Fingerprints review completed.

Review of the fingerprints taken relating to this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS has been completed. Processing of this case continues. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when yours will be done. This case is at our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to regist

And then wait begins :confused:

PD : DEC2001 EB3

mine is changed too...

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed

....2005, we mailed document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

It seems approval word is by mistake...

Last edited by a moderator:
case status message&LUD changed on 11/18/06

---------------------------------------

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed.

On May 1, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
-----------------------------------------------

The truth was 'FP notice sent to old address was bounced back to USCIS and resent to new address on file during May 2006'.
Looks like USCIS updated that information with meaningful words.

Great. I could see another message like mine.

USCIS said:
---------------------------------------

On May 1, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.
-----------------------------------------------

The truth was 'FP notice sent to old address was bounced back to USCIS and resent to new address on file during May 2006'.
Looks like USCIS updated that information with meaningful words.

same thing with our AP applications...got LUDs..changed message means same....even though i did not see any LUD on my 485

2nd FP Notice

I have received my 2nd FP notice in the mail last week. I am writing to this team because my case dates seem identical to some of you and most of you seem uptodate with the processing details. I am not sure if this FP i have recieved is being requested because my old FP has expired. I heard somewhere that the FP's expire every 15 months. Any thoughts? See my case details below. Thanks

PD.. DEC-01 North Carolina
140/485 ND.. Aug-04
140 AD.. Nov-04
1st FP.. AUG-05
2nd FP ND..Dec-06

Joshiay said:
I have received my 2nd FP notice in the mail last week. I am writing to this team because my case dates seem identical to some of you and most of you seem uptodate with the processing details. I am not sure if this FP i have recieved is being requested because my old FP has expired. I heard somewhere that the FP's expire every 15 months. Any thoughts? See my case details below. Thanks

140/485 ND.. Aug-04
140 AD.. Nov-04
1st FP.. AUG-05
2nd FP ND..Dec-06

Are you from India?
I have never received 2nd FP notice, 1st FP was in March 2005. Is this normal or another USCIS trap? Do I need to do anything?

I too did not receive 2nd FP notice. I think I may receive it soon.

Joshiay said:

140/485 ND.. Aug-04
140 AD.. Nov-04
1st FP.. AUG-05
2nd FP ND..Dec-06

re: 2nd FP notice

Yes, I am from India. I am not sure why i have to go the 2nd time. I did the complete biometrics the last time (Code3), which included all fingerprints and the photgraph. The notice this time is Code 1...

Any one?

Any one got like below message?

Current Status: Response to request for evidence received, and case processing has resumed.

On June 20, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence. We will notify you by mail when we make a decision or if we need something from you.......

-GCLover007

I-131

I've rec'd the below message; however I don't think it's approved since I think this message populated as my recp’t was sent back due wrong address they have on file. And they resend my recp’t to correct address so message populated. The message is so misleading.

Application Type: I131, APPLICATION FOR USCIS TRAVEL

DOCUMENT
On November 3, 2006, we mailed the document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

...we manufactured based on our earlier approval....I485

Am in the same boat, now, in May 2007, when my message ("..we mailed document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case..."), and mailed it to the address on we have on file) on the phone system was changed . Any luck with your GC? Did you subsequently get it, or are you still waiting? Any light on your case would help mitigate the anxiety of many applicants.....FP done several times in the past years, also very recently. Would appreciate any responses....

mine is changed too...

Current Status: Document OTHER THAN CARD manufactured and mailed

....2005, we mailed document we manufactured based on our earlier approval of this case, and mailed it to the address on we have on file. You should receive the new document within 30 days. If you do not, or if you move before you get it, call customer service.

It seems approval word is by mistake...