Case status blocked?

opticalguy_sfo

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,
any idea what it means when i tried to check my status online it says your case status verification has been blocked..blah blah blah

what does it mean? How do I check my status? I have been waiting for my AP for a looong time.

Thanks for help,

Sometimes they block you from checking your case status if you try too many wrong case numbers or check too frequently.
Try deleting the cookies and offline content and check again!!!

Not true

The identification verification is not done through cookies, the IP is actually checked as well. Try to use a proxy (lots of free ones online, go to the tracker forum, 2002 status topic to see sample ones) or just wait a few days and you will be OK. When checking status, if you are using the spreadsheet and including a group of entries, try to limit the number to like 300-400 at a time (someone might be able to answer this more correctly, in terms of an exact number).

Thanks Guys.

I only check my AP since it has been pending for over 6 months once a day. But I suppose that is one too many for the BCIS to handle :)

Thanks a lot for help,

Originally posted by ush_bha
My case status is also blocked.. is this going to hamper my I485

Relax, it will not hamper your GC but your health.
You should know why it is blocked. Did you contact anybody for help? Maybe your file is removed from the kitchen into the living room and thus blocked.

Your inquiry to the case status gets blocked if you inquired too many times. Or somebody from your network inquired too much. Network, meaning, in your office network.

Nothing to worry about if the case status cannot be checked due to too many attempts. Just wait a few days, then everything will be just fine and be able to check your status again.

It may also be possible to check the status using another computer (if you have access to) without any problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait for a couple of months and you should be OK

Mine got blocked last year some time, as I was anxiously checking the status many times.

Now, after 3 months it is now available.

Probably you exceeded the quota of number of status checks that you can do.

Don't worry, it all OK.