Case sent to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER

sidhu_verma

Registered Users (C)
I just got an email from USCIS that my case is transferred to NATIONAL BENEFITS CENTER. My case was with NSC. Does anybody know what would this mean and if there will be any issues? Is there anything that I should be ready with? :confused: :confused:
Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks..

National Benefits Center

Looks like your case has been transfered to Local INS Office. Did you invoke AC-21 by chance?

--Dhoom

No. I didn't invoke AC-21. I got married after I filed my I-485 and filed my wife's application later.

Based on my previous info. through this forum. Any change in I-485 Application (like AC-21) leads to transfer followed by interview at Local Office.

--Dhoom

At least NCS is working on old cases

sidhu_verma,

I have heard that they always call for Local office interview when you get married after you submitted your I485 and when your wife joins you later.

When have you submitted your wife I485? was it recently?
If not recently, this means that they started to review your case again and saw that you need an interview.

Instead of approving cases, all they do is filtering out cases that can be sent to local office.

sidhu_verma,

I have heard that they always call for Local office interview when you get married after you submitted your I485 and when your wife joins you later.

When have you submitted your wife I485? was it recently?
If not recently, this means that they started to review your case again and saw that you need an interview.

Instead of approving cases, all they do is filtering out cases that can be sent to local office.

waiting_aos,
Thanks for your reply.
I filed her 485 on 02/2005. but she gave her 1st FP last friday and we had the case transferred to NBC today.
hopefully we get to hear something soon.

Did anybod heard from NBC after their cases got transferred to NBC. Mine was transferred in 06/04. No update after that.