Case sent to DO for interview but no IL yet!?

TheFree

Registered Users (C)
I am just wondering if it is common that a case would b sent to local USCIS office and yet one would have a long delay in receiving the IL?

I am in that situation right now! My case was send to DO for interview but as of yet no interview has been scheduled. There waa a LUD three days after the first one which was on Oct. 24.

Do you think that USCIS can provide me with info as to why I have not received the IL?

Thanks!

Well...three weeks is a short time considering you are dealing with the government agency. So, just call the 1800 and see if they can share the reasons why your haven't been scheduled for an interview...:rolleyes: Who knows, maybe there people ahead of you who are still waiting their interview letters or are awaiting to be sworn in as new USC? However, since you are in a hurry, call and see if they can give you the latest update..:)

Hi, I am in the same boat. I took an infopass appointment and went today to local USCIS office. I came to know that my interview is scheduled for Dec 12. The officer told me that they usually send IL around 2 weeks before the interview date. I did ask him if he was able to print out IL but he expressed his inability. He did printout a screen shot of the appointment date and venue. He told me to expect letter this or next week and told me to come anyway even if I do not recieve IL.
I think you should make an infopass appt and visit the office ASAP. I had called couple of times the 1800 customer service number but they had no clue of the date.

DO Phoenix
N400 received 9/9/2009 Phoenix
FP done 10/7/2009
LUD changed to 'sent for intv' 10/26/2009
LUD changed 10/30, 11/2,11/3
IL still waiting , date 12/4/2009

Hi, I am in the same boat. I took an infopass appointment and went today to local USCIS office. I came to know that my interview is scheduled for Dec 12. The officer told me that they usually send IL around 2 weeks before the interview date. I did ask him if he was able to print out IL but he expressed his inability. He did printout a screen shot of the appointment date and venue. He told me to expect letter this or next week and told me to come anyway even if I do not recieve IL.
I think you should make an infopass appt and visit the office ASAP. I had called couple of times the 1800 customer service number but they had no clue of the date.

DO Phoenix
N400 received 9/9/2009 Phoenix
FP done 10/7/2009
LUD changed to 'sent for intv' 10/26/2009
LUD changed 10/30, 11/2,11/3
IL still waiting , date 12/4/2009

Thanks for the info. I will make an infopass. I don't like toll free numbers, hotlines and what not, because you would be basically talking to a computer... a pointless try...

He told me to expect letter this or next week and told me to come anyway even if I do not recieve IL.

Depending on DOs, if you don't have an IL, security may not let you in
toi reach the interview receptio desk. To prevent that, you can make
an infopass for your interview date which you alreay know.

This is selfish because you may deprive someone else's chance to get an infopass
he/she really need, but forget about altrusism if you do not get your own IL in time.
Blame everything on USCIS

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally... IL in hand... sigh..

I finally received the IL today in the SNAIL mail...::rolleyes:

I guess I had every reason to worry... the IL envelop was postmarked on Oct. 26... And did not make till today...:confused:

I guess USCIS is using pigeons these days...:eek:

The notice date on the IL is the same as the postmark!

Anyway, my interview date is on the anniversary of my GC!!!:D

I finally received the IL today in the SNAIL mail...::rolleyes:

I guess I had every reason to worry... the IL envelop was postmarked on Oct. 26... And did not make till today...:confused:

I guess USCIS is using pigeons these days...:eek:

The notice date on the IL is the same as the postmark!

Anyway, my interview date is on the anniversary of my GC!!!:D

Congratulation Free.
You must be relieved now.

What time is your interview? Mine is at 9:10 am.
We would probabily see each other in the waiting room.

Congratulation Free.
You must be relieved now.

What time is your interview? Mine is at 9:10 am.
We would probabily see each other in the waiting room.

Mine is at 10:50 AM. Probably, by the time I get there, you'll be on your way out -- unless of course they offer the oath ceremony on that day;)

Mine is at 10:50 AM. Probably, by the time I get there, you'll be on your way out -- unless of course they offer the oath ceremony on that day;)

I know they offered the same day oath, last Thursday, to one of the responder on this forum.

Maybe, they do oaths only on Thursdays.
Anyway, I hope either they give us oath on Wed 12/2 or call us the next day.

I know they offered the same day oath, last Thursday, to one of the responder on this forum.

Maybe, they do oaths only on Thursdays.
Anyway, I hope either they give us oath on Wed 12/2 or call us the next day.

That's a possibility, but nobody would want to miss work for two days in a row...

That's a possibility, but nobody would want to miss work for two days in a row...

I still plan to work on later half of 12/2.
I was hoping to be done and out before noon. We'll see.

I am at Redmond / Bellevue area. That's about 30-40 minutes drive from USCIS office.

I still plan to work on later half of 12/2.
I was hoping to be done and out before noon. We'll see.

I am at Redmond / Bellevue area. That's about 30-40 minutes drive from USCIS office.

I am at Covington area and it is about 30 min drive and even less with less traffic given the time of my interview.

Best Of Luck!

I am at Covington area and it is about 30 min drive and even less with less traffic given the time of my interview.

The Free,
Congrats on receiving your IL. Best of luck for your interview.
SEA 400,
Wish you the same.

I have my interview scheduled on Dec 3 at 10:00 AM. Hopefully they will do the oath on the same day.

Thanks,

The Free,
Congrats on receiving your IL. Best of luck for your interview.
SEA 400,
Wish you the same.

I have my interview scheduled on Dec 3 at 10:00 AM. Hopefully they will do the oath on the same day.

Thanks,

Thanks bks43wa!

Oath ceremonies are held on Thursdays in the DO, although I have seen recently a post stating that they had it on Wednesday.