Case Retrieve Failed!!!-Please help!!!

Jaggy

Registered Users (C)
Since Nov 2006 when I go online to check the status of I485 case for me and my wife it says "Case Status Retrieve Failed" and is not able to find it.

My 140 was approved in 2005 and I485 was filed in 2004. Changed emplyer in August 2006 but have not informed USCIS of change in employer.

My other case like I140, EAD, H1B and AP are all intact and they are showing status for all of them. I called USCIS and the regular customer reps are not finding it also because even they have access to the same system that we have but they transfer me to someone else, I guess to an imm officer and there THEY ARE ABLE TO FIND OUR CASES and they say that it is with a supervisor and is actively being reviewed.

What assumption should I draw from the above, do I have to be concerned??

Anybody who has had similar experience PLEASE DO POST HERE and share your experience.

Any inputs greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am in the same boat as you are, mine and my spouse application says "Case Status Retrieval Failed" since Nov 2006. Customer service is unable to find the case and they transfer to an Immi Officer, where they were able to find our cases and the status.

I mentioned this to the Immi officer, and he said he would let the other department know about this issue, and till now this issue has not been solved.

When I call the 1-800 number for case status, I hear the status message which I used to see in the online case status.

I am little concerned about this, well if anyone is in the same boat please share your thoughts

have you tried filing an EAD or an AP after you started seeing that message and if you have has it been approved?

Also attorny advised me to place an AILA enquiry just to be on the safer side.

Also what is your PD?

Jaggy, Can you share your PD and RD?
This may be a good thing, Hope they might have moved your application from Pending lot to "To Be Approved Lot"
You can find application status through Infopass . Good Luck!

I applied for EAD during mid of December 2006 (Note "Case Status Retrieval Failed" since Nov 2006) and got the EAD approved, so I guess it should not be an issue in getting AP/EAD.

During April 2007 I had done a status enquiry about this issue, I did receive a letter about my enquiry ("case status not found in online system") stating that it will take 30 days to resolve the issue, the same day when I got this letter I had an LUD on my 485, but till today the issue is not resolved.

I have already called them twice so far, I will contact USCIS again after 2 or 3 weeks.

BTW what do you mean AILA enquiry? is that that something different than calling regular USCIS customer support

AILA enquiry is done through an attorney and most reputed attorneys should be able to do it for you but do keep in mind that do an AILA enquiry you have to know the date you called USCIS, the name of the person you spoke to and what did they say to you.